Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .cue sheets / CDDB looksup / stuff (Read 1760 times) previous topic - next topic

.cue sheets / CDDB looksup / stuff

Hi All

I've got a bit of a vague question but if I have a cue sheet, and the requsite tracks as flac files normally I'd decode flac to wav, then load up the cue sheet into burnatonce and burn my CD. Then rip the CD again with Itunes into AIFF. the benefit here being that Itunes does a CDDB lookup and tags all my files appropriately for my music library.

Is there a quicker way to do this ? I.e. to take flac files and a cue sheet, and convert to say AIFF and have all the tracks tagged appropriately from a CDDB lookup ?

I'm a reasonably able perl coder so if anyone could suggest an outline of what I need to do that would be very helpful, or even better recommend some software.

I tried 'burning' a CD to a Nero virtual drive but the Itunes CDDB lookup fails so the tracks have no info.. I'm not sure of what info is sent to CDDB for a lookup ? Some kind of track checksum ?!?

TIA

Neil

.cue sheets / CDDB looksup / stuff

Reply #1
daemon-tools can mount a wav+cue as if it were an audio-cd. It works with CDDB lookup for me (not using Itunes though). You'll still have to decode the flac...