Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Adobe Audition 2.0 released (Read 37068 times) previous topic - next topic

Adobe Audition 2.0 released

Some of the new features:

- Low-latency mixing with unlimited tracks
- ASIO support
- Audible scrubbing
- Analog-modeled Multiband Compressor
- Recordable parameter automation with external hardware support
- New tools for mastering
- New Spectral Frequency Display tools
- Broader video format support

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/overview.html

Reply #1
Awesome news! 

I use Audition every day at work, and I'd been wondering, for a while now, when Adobe was going to add their own finesse.  I figured they'd be dramatically updating the UI, look-and-feel.

I'm kinda excited to try it.  Looks like they've added quite a few new tools (that I may never even use.)  But the claimed processing speed increase is definitely desirable.

When anyone gets a chance to use it, post some comments.
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Reply #2
I'm a betatester for the product, and have been using it for about 6 months, and I love it. I use it in my home studio, and will be upgrading the work machine to it soon.
Effects processing in EV is defintely quicker.
The automation is just sensational. You can have 16 sends per channel of playback, and any buss output can be routed to another buss input, meaning you can set up the most amazing effects chains. And yes, you can automate send levels over time! So, you can change the length of a reverb over time, or you adjust compression settings over time, or whatever.
Would love to stay and chat but I'm supposed to be getting ready for work right now. It's 6:45.
Gotta fly. Will try and post more later today.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com
The home of quality podcasts
(including Sine Language, a weekly discussion on all things audio)

Reply #3
Do you have ANY ideea when the tryout will be available?

Reply #4
Not right at the moment, I don't, but I've just sent off an e-mail to the Snr Product Manager asking him if he can advise of a date.
As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #5
OK, just received an e-mail back from him.
His words were "as soon as we can, but hopefully, early next week".
Best I can do at the moment, sorry.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #6
Does anyone know if this new Audition supports saving/loading FLAC files? I see a mention of Ogg Vorbis as a new supported format, but nothing about FLAC.

Reply #7
Does anyone know if this new Audition supports saving/loading FLAC files? I see a mention of Ogg Vorbis as a new supported format, but nothing about FLAC.

There have been FLAC filters (and OGG Vorbis) for Audition available for years now.  Rarewares has tons of them as does the FLAC mainpage I believe.

Reply #8

There have been FLAC filters (and OGG Vorbis) for Audition available for years now.  Rarewares has tons of them as does the FLAC mainpage I believe.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Case's collection of Cool Edit/Audition filters:

[a href="http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/]http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/files/[/url]
"The way we see our world is better than yours."

Reply #9
I can't speak for these add-ons, but FLAC is not supported natively.
But these add-on packages probably work fine.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #10
audio2u: thanx a lot for your answer. it's more than welcome.

Reply #11
No wukkas! If I hear anything further, I'll give you a yell.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #12
BTW, one of my podcasts is called "Building the pod" and it's a week by week tutorial on how to use Adobe Audition.
In this week's episode, I interviewed the Snr Product Manager for Audition, Hart Shafer, and talked about the new version and all the cool new features.
And in next week's episode which will be published this Sunday (around noon GMT), I'll give out details on how you could win a copy of v2.0!!
Just thought you might like to know.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #13
Found it.
http://odeo.com/channel/31975/view
I'll take a lok from time to time.
Waiting for news.
I have register @ Adobe to send me an email when the new version will be available for tryout.
Pls, tell me something: is the new Audition suport Nero Mp4? Because i saw thet version 1.5 doesn't support Nero 7 AAC encoder.

Reply #14
iam actually looking into getting this video bundle, i do wonder few things:

about audition - whats the workflow or integration with premiere pro and after fx, i mean is there really a usefull improvement or will this just confuse the workflow?

offtopic: about the bundle; is it possible to run each software on its own machine, or where can i read how exactly the things stand?

(like for example - i would run premiere and after fx on one machine, audition on another and encore on third?)
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #15
Found it.
http://odeo.com/channel/31975/view
I'll take a lok from time to time.
Waiting for news.
I have register @ Adobe to send me an email when the new version will be available for tryout.
Pls, tell me something: is the new Audition suport Nero Mp4? Because i saw thet version 1.5 doesn't support Nero 7 AAC encoder.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358570"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No support for MP4, sorry.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #16
i had a question i got audition 1.5, is it possible to update it, or is it a new package you got to buy

Reply #17
whats the workflow or integration with premiere pro and after fx, i mean is there really a usefull improvement or will this just confuse the workflow?

I haven't used PPro, so I can't really say what the integration is like unfortunately. However, knowing how much work has gone into Audition v2.0, I take a guess and say it's going to be pretty darn good, as all the products were updated together, and the betatesting was simultaneous, and I know that some of the guys who were beta testing Audition were also involved in the beta testing for PPro. So, like I said, there's a fair chance that the integration will be pretty good.

about the bundle; is it possible to run each software on its own machine, or where can i read how exactly the things stand?

(like for example - i would run premiere and after fx on one machine, audition on another and encore on third?)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358618"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't see why you couldn't. The licence for Audition allows the end-user to have 2 installations for personal use (presumably, one desktop and one notebook was the thinking), so that would suggest that yes, you could have each product on a different machine if you wanted to. They are, after all, separate apps.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #18
i had a question i got audition 1.5, is it possible to update it, or is it a new package you got to buy
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358729"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can most definitely buy an upgrade. I believe the upgrade is US$129.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #19
Too bad that it won't support mp4.
maybe somebody will do some plug in the way they did for 1.5
thanx a again for the news "audio2u"
i am waiting for the release

Reply #20
Nice!
But where is the Mac-support? Every other Adobe application works on OS X, why not this one? 

Reply #21
Nice!
But where is the Mac-support? Every other Adobe application works on OS X, why not this one? 

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358984"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The official stance of Adobe is that they will not bother with a Mac version until Audition has total market dominance, and as much as I love Audition, I don't think it's ever going to have total market dominance.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #22
Too bad that it won't support mp4.
maybe somebody will do some plug in the way they did for 1.5

More than likely!

thanx a again for the news "audio2u"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358983"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No wukkas! Glad to be of assistance.
Cheers,
Bruce.
www.audio2u.com

Reply #23
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've been using the plugin on [a href="http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php]http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php[/url] with Cool Edit 1.5.  It seems significantly faster than having either Cool Edit or Audacity operate on WAV files.

Reply #24
i have downloaded the tryal version of Adobe Audition 2.0.
i am a little dissiponted 
i don't know why. first of all i saw that adobe has wroked on some thing, and they worg very good, but i saw that adobe left some functions in the same windows as audition 1.5. for example the noise reduction windows. the rest of the windows have the new look, including that little bar on the upper side, but noise reduction and some other don't.
Second of all. In adobe 1.5 we can change the colour of the waveform, and the colour of adobe itself. I mean that, if my taskbar was blue, i could make adobe audition 1.5 look like the taskbar. blue red...etc etc. Now, in audition 2.0 we can only change the waveform, but the main window remains grey. 
i am waiting for other's opinions