Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: using vs2005 and 0.8 sdk? (Read 3541 times) previous topic - next topic

using vs2005 and 0.8 sdk?

Hi, creating a plugin for my the logitech g15 keyboard that will link to foobar. However, my production environment is visual studio 2005 pro. i tried opening the default workspace in the sdk, and tried to convert all the subprojects, but about half failed. and of course doing a build after that failed.

so I created a blank workspace, and just added pfc  (as it is stated it has no dependancy), made the target a DLL, and just tried compiling that. however i got 3 errors. i can recode the errors so it works, but there is also ~10 deprecated warning messages.

anyone got any tips? cheers

Reply #1
Hi, creating a plugin for my the logitech g15 keyboard that will link to foobar. However, my production environment is visual studio 2005 pro. i tried opening the default workspace in the sdk, and tried to convert all the subprojects, but about half failed. and of course doing a build after that failed.

so I created a blank workspace, and just added pfc  (as it is stated it has no dependancy), made the target a DLL, and just tried compiling that. however i got 3 errors. i can recode the errors so it works, but there is also ~10 deprecated warning messages.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The deprecations they added are a damn pain in the posterior (especially for people like me who like builds to be warning-free).  I recommend just adding _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE (for the warnings about things like printf) and/or _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE (for the other deprecation warnings) to the each project's preprocessor defines.

Reply #2
Oh nice, I'm thinking of coding a G15 app talking to the Foobar too.

Reply #3

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The deprecations they added are a damn pain in the posterior (especially for people like me who like builds to be warning-free).  I recommend just adding _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE (for the warnings about things like printf) and/or _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE (for the other deprecation warnings) to the each project's preprocessor defines.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=355239"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is actually easier to just select all the projects in the solution explorer, and then goto their properties, then goto Configuration Properties, C/C++, Advanced, and put in the error numbers in "Disable specific warnings", I only have 4996 in there right now.