Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simple problem with tags (Read 3154 times) previous topic - next topic

Simple problem with tags

Hi there, first post, but I've searched around for a solution so bear with this humble noob please

Some of my albums, when loaded from disk into a playlist, are being loaded in the wrong order, I've checked, and the albums have everything tagged that they should need in order to load in the correct order(artist, album, track name, track number), yet, they load wrong(in a seemingly random track order). They display their tags fine , and when I select the album and sort according to display name they go into the right order, but they just don't load right by default.

This isn't a huge deal, but I assume its one theres a solution to, so I'd like to get it sorted if possible. Thanks in advance.

Simple problem with tags

Reply #1
Your playlist is probably sorted by file path or something, and those tracks don't include the tracknumber.

Just a guess - but I assume that it is something like that.

Try "Playlist > Sort > Sort by track number" for an album, or go to "Playlist > Sort > Sort by ..." and ensure your string makes sense.
I'm on a horse.

Simple problem with tags

Reply #2
Your playlist is probably sorted by file path or something, and those tracks don't include the tracknumber.

Just a guess - but I assume that it is something like that.

Try "Playlist > Sort > Sort by track number" for an album, or go to "Playlist > Sort > Sort by ..." and ensure your string makes sense.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352428"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi there, thanks for the reply, and the suggestion.

However, due to not all my music being tagged yet, I prefer not to sort by filename. The music in question, does have the tracknumber, I checked, and the track numbers are all fine, they're displayed fine in the properties, and in the main playlist, its just they're in the wrong order. Most of my albums are fine, but, some of them, are for instance

X artist - [ X album] [04] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [08] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [03] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [05] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [02] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [06] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [07] - X song
X artist - [ X album] [01] - X song

All the data is there, they're just being loaded like this, its only about 1/15-20 albums, but its annoying

Simple problem with tags

Reply #3
In version 0.8.3, check "Preferences->Core->Sort incoming files by..."

In version 0.9, the same setting is located at "Preferences->General"

Simple problem with tags

Reply #4
In version 0.8.3, check "Preferences->Core->Sort incoming files by..."

In version 0.9, the same setting is located at "Preferences->General"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352530"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks again for the reply, I'm on 0.8.1, but the setting is the same as in 0.8.3, however,I'm unsure of what exactly I'd need to put in the string, taking a guess, would something like this work:

%_displayname%|$num(%_subsong%,9)

Thanks again

Simple problem with tags

Reply #5
You might want to have a look at the titleformat_help.html file in your foobar2000 folder.  That'll help a lot.  At the most basic (doesn't check if the tags exist or not), you could use:

Code: [Select]
%artist% - %album% - %tracknumber%

Simple problem with tags

Reply #6
You might want to have a look at the titleformat_help.html file in your foobar2000 folder.  That'll help a lot.  At the most basic (doesn't check if the tags exist or not), you could use:

Code: [Select]
%artist% - %album% - %tracknumber%

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352583"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the advice, I've taken a quick look at the title formatting HTML, and it would need some time spent on it, so I'm trying your suggested string for now, if that doesn't work, I'll learn, thanks again

Simple problem with tags

Reply #7
Hi to all.
My foobar can't read the ID Tag infoormation.
In the playlist it shows only the title and the lenght, nothing about artist, track and album.
Can you help me?