Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turn off FLAC tags in Plextools 2.28 (Read 3153 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn off FLAC tags in Plextools 2.28

Anyone know how to do it??

Also, I'm trying to add  "album artist" to my filenames so it will make a folder for it, but it's not working. The file name would read: artist name\album year - album name\album name - track number - track name. It keeps saying "error creating file." If I put the artist name in the "output directory" field (C:\audio\artist name) it works file. Does it make sense to anyone why it will create a directory for the "album year - album name" and not the "artist name??"

Reply #1
Anyone know how to do it??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351406"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only way I know of is if you don't enter any information on title, artist etc manually or via CD text or freedb. If all fields are empty, Plextools doesn't add a FLAC tag. But that's probably of no big help to you I guess since you want Plextools to create a directory structure with all this information
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #2
Yeah, I guess I got spoiled by EAC giving the option to include them or not. I personally don't use tags of any kind, and why Plextor would assume everyone wants to is beyond me. 

Does removing tags alter the FLAC files at all??

Reply #3
Yeah, I guess I got spoiled by EAC giving the option to include them or not. I personally don't use tags of any kind, and why Plextor would assume everyone wants to is beyond me. 

Does removing tags alter the FLAC files at all??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351548"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Usually it doesn't hurt to have your files well tagged 
Removing the tag doesn't alter the audio content at all, but the file structure may still be different because of the padding inserted by the tag. But maybe this padding is also removed when killing the tag, I don't know. Probably depends on the utility you use.
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #4
metaflac can remove the tags by deleting them completely (thus rewriting the whole file) or covering over them with padding (much quicker).

Josh

Reply #5
Damn, I wish I could just figure out how to make Plextools not tag them in the first place. I have a good file naming structure, so tags are useless to me.