Skip to main content

Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 559939 times) previous topic - next topic

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart
Reply #50
Also this needs to be dealt with as well please. The problem is when you have multiple sources and one of them is not there album_art shows the last good source in the list instead of continuing skipping until the next good one is found. Hope you'll get it sorted!  
Anyway, great job!

Added: Another one, bind 'first  source' as a double-click action. Now when I double click the first source shows up only for a brief moment before it switches to second source.

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']FIXED SOURCE[/span]
David, I had a look into the source myself and managed to fix all of the above issues (not the system tray one though):

in uie_albumart.cpp:
Code: [Select]
bool uie_albumart::set_image(..
 if(!file.is_empty()){
     Bitmap bmp(string_wide_from_utf8(file.get_ptr()));
     if(bmp.GetHeight()){
   img=file;
   crnsource = n; -ADDED THIS TO FIX ALBUM COVER STAYING ON;
   break;
     }
 }

I've implemented a little walk-around on the issue with double-clicking returning the second source. In the same uie_albumart.cpp:
Code: [Select]
LRESULT WINAPI uie_albumart::on_message(HWND wnd1,UINT msg,WPARAM wp,LPARAM lp){
    static bool b_dblclick = false; -ADDED THIS VARIABLE TO INDICATE DOUBLE-CLICK
    switch(msg)
    {
    case WM_CREATE:
 break;
    case WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK:
 click_func(cfg_dblclickfunc);
 b_dblclick = true; -ADDED
 break;
    case WM_LBUTTONUP:
 if(!b_dblclick){  -ADDED
     click_func(cfg_lftclickfunc);
 }
 b_dblclick = false;
 break;
    case WM_MBUTTONUP:

Hope it helps!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=357683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi. Sorry for the delay, i've been busy with a few other things.

Thanks for the code. Saved me some effort

I'll test and upload updated versions of the DLL and source shortly.
  • Last Edit: 19 January, 2006, 05:12:19 AM by david_dl

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #51
Done. I uploaded the source too. I haven't tested it much but I'm tired and gotta go sleep now.

• VLSI
  • [*][*]
Reply #52
Done. I uploaded the source too.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358261"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You seem to have uploaded the old source again.  Otherwise, thanks for the update.

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53
Done. I uploaded the source too.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358261"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You seem to have uploaded the old source again.  Otherwise, thanks for the update.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358293"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry about that. I was trying to get it online as fast as possible at 2am 
Try again now (the "source" link at the bottom)

• Habla
  • [*][*]
Reply #54
the new binary seems to still exhibit all of the old issues...

• WigBaM
  • [*][*]
Reply #55
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358404"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

works like a charm for me, except for that bug when cover is outdated when restored from system tray.
B KaCKe.

• Habla
  • [*][*]
Reply #56
It still won't scan through all of my sources.

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #57

Did you get the one from the bottom link? (I've removed the old versions now to avoid confusion) If not, redownload it.

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
It still won't scan through all of my sources.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358406"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Could you explain what you mean by "scan through all of my sources."?
The test i just did is added "-$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)folder.jpg" and "-match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*cover.jpg" to my sources, put two images, '1984-cover.jpg' and 'folder.jpg' in D:\Music\Van Halen\1984, then played a track from that folder. The next source function caused it to switch from folder.jpg to cover.jpg. Is this what you mean?

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #59

works like a charm for me, except for that bug when cover is outdated when restored from system tray.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358405"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you mean it fades to the new cover from a really old one? That shouldn't happen anymore, it doesn't for me. Or the cover just doesn't change? I haven't seen that happen on my setup.

• ak47mega
  • [*]
Reply #60
new version bug
when nocover(default.png) image... focus
next image source not view

previous virsion work fine

my config

match:E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%_filename%.jpg
E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%album%.jpg
E:\Media\Music\album_Photo\%album%.gif
-components\default.png
  • Last Edit: 19 January, 2006, 07:15:10 PM by ak47mega

• VLSI
  • [*][*]
Reply #61
Try again now (the "source" link at the bottom)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was hoping to experiment with it a bit, but a number of files are missing so I cannot compile.  If it's not too much trouble, please post the whole thing whenever you get around to it.  Thanks David.

EDIT:  I tried using the older versions of the missing files, but the resource files don't match.

EDIT2:  I can confirm ak47mega's bug report.  Once you hit a track without an album cover, it gets stuck and won't display other images.
  • Last Edit: 19 January, 2006, 08:18:09 PM by VLSI

• spaceships
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #62
i get the same bug

• Habla
  • [*][*]
Reply #63
Yeah, what they said. My strings worked fine on the previous release. Now it defaults to the my nocover.jpg image.

• waileongyeo
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #64
Haven't tested it much, report any new problems (they are unlikely to be serious. If you are happy with the old version, don't upgrade, this adds nothing new.)

foo_uie_albumart (anim version)-fix

source
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Modified source link error,
Probably this?

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2023]modified source[/url]

Wrong url, I get it from foo_ui_albumart mod files

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #65
Yeah, what they said. My strings worked fine on the previous release. Now it defaults to the my nocover.jpg image.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358517"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have applied WigBaM's fixes without really testing them.
I didn't actually understand the problem he was fixing, I see what's causing the current problem. Could someone outline the original problem and how i can emulate it so I can make a proper fix? (sorry I don't have much time for this at the moment)

• WigBaM
  • [*][*]
Reply #66
 Sorry guys!
I do apologise! What seemed to be an easy to fix from the first look didn't quite actually worked out! I admit I didn't tested it througly, though it worked with my config.
David, I have sent you a PM with the problem explanation and new working source (I DID some tests on it this time  )

P.S. Confirm system tray bug gone.
  • Last Edit: 20 January, 2006, 07:10:07 PM by WigBaM
B KaCKe.

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #67
Sorry guys!
I do apologise! What seemed to be an easy to fix from the first look didn't quite actually worked out! I admit I didn't tested it througly, though it worked with my config.
David, I have sent you a PM with the problem explanation and new working source (I DID some tests on it this time   )

P.S. Confirm system tray bug gone.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358599"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No problem, it really was my fault, I should have done at least a few tests 
Thanks for all the effort you've put into this, its really appreciated, especially since I have very little time to spend on this atm. So, I present to you, WigBaM's fix (attached to the first post). It works fine in my setup, but I must admit, I only use the most basic functionality (only source folder.jpg, I leave it blank for no cover). I have complete confidence that this will solve your problems, WigBaM has gone to quite a bit of trouble. If it doesnt work, blame me, I probably copy and pasted it wrong 

And also, please post here if there are any other issues/features you would like fixed/added. We all want this plugin to improve (maybe simple is good, but surely its more fun to bloat it with obscure features  [just kidding] ), but I'm out of ideas for improvements.

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #68
I noticed it said WigBaM was reading this topic. That was fast. Anyway, I tend to do forum stuff backwards, I made that post, and actually uploading the files and modifying the first post was the last thing i did. (sorry bout that). So you might have to download it again to get the new version.

• Habla
  • [*][*]
Reply #69
Problems solved.

Thanks guys!

• ak47mega
  • [*]
Reply #70
Thanks david_dl and all...

• gfngfgf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #71
Thanks for the update, WigBaM and david_dl.  I can confirm that the album art does not fade when restoring from the system tray (that's a good thing).

• gfngfgf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #72
Hmm, I downloaded the source last night from the very last link on the first post (the file source_again.rar), and I try to compile it, I get the error that "uie_albumart.h" can't be found.  Was this an oversight?

• david_dl
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #73
Hmm, I downloaded the source last night from the very last link on the first post (the file source_again.rar), and I try to compile it, I get the error that "uie_albumart.h" can't be found.  Was this an oversight?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=358816"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Damn. Not again. I need to stop uploading these files after midnight. Try again now.

• mazy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #74
david_dl, thank you for your work on rexy's sources! i have small request - could you, please, add a combobox for selecting the edge style (none / sunken / grey)?
  • Last Edit: 21 January, 2006, 04:31:28 PM by mazy
info about my tag guesser script for foo_lua (preview version available):
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?showtopic=16987