Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 699923 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #375
Um, I think I broke my foobar 

I just overwrote the old plugin and started foobar up with this new version and was slightly confused. My display had no more albumart. Now in the Columns UI layout function and the sidebar I can't add an albumart panel. Not sure if I should have taken the old one out first or what, but I even tried removing the new plugin and putting back the old one, but that didn't work either. The preferences have moved so maybe that's what did it, but I can't seem to make the albumart panel come back. 

EDIT:

Ok I went back to the old version I had, which was apparently the latest from G-Lite. This fixed my problems, I'll have to figure out why it wasn't working later on.

Reply #376
Are you using the latest version of Columns UI (0.13 beta 1v4 is what I have)?  Have you been able to use foosion's latest version (0.164a, link)?  I based my code on foosion's source code.

I won't rule out that I made a mistake compiling it, too 

Reply #377
gfngfgf mate, thanks for the update!
The padding feature is much appreciated 
Working flawlessly here, any progress on getting album info from tags would be welcome  as well

Reply #378
I am using Columns 0.13 beta 5 and albumart panel works just fine.
In fact I can't see no difference between this and the old version

Reply #379
The follow cursor option isn't working anymore like it did before.
Before, when I changed playlists, albumart would show me the cover of the new playlist, now it doesn't.
I'm using 0.13 beta 1v5

Reply #380
Are you using the latest version of Columns UI (0.13 beta 1v4 is what I have)?  Have you been able to use foosion's latest version (0.164a, link)?  I based my code on foosion's source code.

This is probably the issue. I haven't updated Columns UI in a while, I'll have to check it out tomorrow when I get a chance. I would just assume that's what it is.

Reply #381
Updated foobar and installed latest componets ( Foobar 0.9.1, Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5, Album Art Panel 0.164a) How to enable the AlbumArt now ? It was in Media Library i think in previous version 

Reply #382
Updated foobar and installed latest componets ( Foobar 0.9.1, Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5, Album Art Panel 0.164a) How to enable the AlbumArt now ? It was in Media Library i think in previous version 

Put the DLL in your components folder first.
foobar -> Properties -> Columns UI -> Layout -> Right-Click -> Insert Splitter -> Insert Panel -> Panels -> Album Art.

Reply #383
Here is the Layout Tab, what's next ?? Right-Click -> Insert Splitter -> Insert Panel -> Panels -> Album Art ??

Reply #384
Use the contextmenu to customise the layout.

Reply #385
Use the contextmenu to customise the layout.

Ok, you mean here ?

[a href="http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foosnap26do.jpg" target="_blank"]

Reply #386
The context menu is a term referring to the right click menu.  Right click on the layout pane where you were and select the options listed above.

Reply #387
Got it  Thanks for help.

Reply #388
just wanted to point out a sortof major bug, i had mentioned it a few pages back,

When playing an album with art and then clicking on an album that doesnt have art, the albumart from the previous album sticks.  It's not until you play another song from the artless album that it shows the correct blank square. 

Sorry if this has been discussed already

Reply #389
I dont know how to address this, but it seems that when album are is loaded into the columns UI interface, it locks up foobar2000. This also happens when I press play and when i first start up foobar.

Reply #390
gfngfgf mate, thanks for the update!
The padding feature is much appreciated 
Working flawlessly here, any progress on getting album info from tags would be welcome  as well

You're welcome  Unfortunately, I have absolutely no plans to retreive album art from tags.  I'm pretty sure fb2k's core ignores binary data in tags (such as images), which would mean I'd have to write my own code to get the images, and quite frankly, I don't trust myself to do that properly  I'll definitely update everyone if I come across some breakthrough, though.

The follow cursor option isn't working anymore like it did before.
Before, when I changed playlists, albumart would show me the cover of the new playlist, now it doesn't.
I'm using 0.13 beta 1v5

confirmed.  I was messing around with that code earlier and I guess I forgot to change it back.  Thanks for the report.

edit: wait, I forgot to enable "follow cursor" when I was checking just now. With "follow cursor" enabled, I can't confirm this. The album cover changes when I switch playlists, just like it should...

When playing an album with art and then clicking on an album that doesnt have art, the albumart from the previous album sticks.  It's not until you play another song from the artless album that it shows the correct blank square.

Have you tried my latest version (see my post at the end of page 15)?  This was one of the bugs I tried to address.  If the issue still remains, could you paste your sources list here?

I dont know how to address this, but it seems that when album are is loaded into the columns UI interface, it locks up foobar2000. This also happens when I press play and when i first start up foobar.

Which version of Album Art and Columns UI are you using?  Has this happened with all versions of Album Art?  What OS are you using?  I'll definitely try to get this fixed if it's a problem on the Album Art side.

Reply #391

This is probably the issue. I haven't updated Columns UI in a while, I'll have to check it out tomorrow when I get a chance. I would just assume that's what it is.

Well let me set your mind at ease at least from my complaint (assuming it made you at all uneasy, er yeah) I spent the last couple hours updating components and it works as expected now.

Reply #392
  Which version of Album Art and Columns UI are you using?  Has this happened with all versions of Album Art?  What OS are you using?  I'll definitely try to get this fixed if it's a problem on the Album Art side.

Im using foosion's newest version, columns UI v0.1.3 beta 1v5. As far as i know its happened in all of them. I tried a version that was for foobar 1.8.3 (not sure which plugin version) and it did the exact same thing.
I using windows xp home sp1.
I dont believe yours is updated for 0.9.1, yet. Correct?

Reply #393
I found something that i think might be a small bug, but i'm not sure. Maybe there's no way around it, maybe it's not an issue with albumart, i dunno.

Well i downloaded the last version of albumart and i was messing around to see if it was still working correctly. Like just jumping from album to album to make sure all the covers showed correctly. At some point my computer got disconnected from the network (somebody was probably moving the antenna upstairs) and i didn't notice. I tried to play a radio stream from Digitally Imported, but naturally since i was disconnected from the router it wasn't able to play.

Once i noticed that, i started going back to testing other albums. But now the covers weren't changing anymore, it was stuck on the last cover that was displayed right before the HTTP stream (which was the default 'no cover' image).

At some point (i suppose when foobar figured out that it wasn't going to get the stream to play) it started working again, and has been working fine since.

I don't know, doesn't really bother me, but i thought i'd tell you anyway. :shrug:
~

Reply #394
I dont believe yours is updated for 0.9.1, yet. Correct?

My version (0.170) is based off of foosion's last released version (0.164a), so yes, it works with 0.9.1.

lav-chan: I'll take a look at that.  Thanks for the report.  It does sound like something that's not albumart, but I'll check and make sure.

Reply #395

Have you tried my latest version (see my post at the end of page 15)?  This was one of the bugs I tried to address.  If the issue still remains, could you paste your sources list here?

that fixed my problem

thanks for the work you and everyone else has been doing on this

Reply #396

Ive tried every version of the album art plugin for 9.1 i can find.
They all have the above stated problem.
Hm... im using foobar 0.9.2 beta 3. Could that be the source of the problem?

Reply #397
This problem is awful frustrating- I used albumart with 0.8 and have grown quite attached to it. I spent quite sometime a little while ago upgrading to .9.3 and adding the albumart panel in Windows 2000. I remember finding some kind of dependency problem not well "documented." Or maybe I'm imagining that? Anyhow, I recently reinstalled Windows 2000 because my last install had gotten rather trashed.

Coming to the point, though, I simply cannot get albumart to work. I consistently get
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_uie_albumart.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

I have Foobar v0.9.1, Columns_UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5, and zlip and libpng.
I have tried every version of album art I could find on these forums to no avail.

If someone could perhaps point me in the direction of library that Windows 2000 is missing, or tell me how to get Foobar to tell me which dependency is missing, or better yet, tell me where I am being a total moron, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Reply #398
Maybe you need .NET or something?
~

Reply #399
Im having the same problem as Kantai, and I have .Net installed (and zlip and libpng).  Same versions.