Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero7 - AAC transcode limit with external tools? (Read 8358 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero7 - AAC transcode limit with external tools?

I've searched the forums but haven't seen the following issue raised. I was wondering if anyone else is experience this same problem:

I upgraded to Nero 7 to use the latest AAC encoder. As with Nero 6, the Nero "encode files" interface is terrible for batch transcoding (FLAC->AAC with tags), so I use Foobar2000 and foo_nero (also tried foo_naac) to drive the Nero encoder.

With Nero 6 it worked fine. With Nero 7 it worked for the first 50 files then fails after that with the following message:

ERROR (foo_naac) : Nero encoder plugin initialization failed
ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : Conversion failed.

I tried the following:

1. dBpowerAMP - same problem
2. re-installed WinXP (it was due for a clean) - no change
3. checked serial number - correct code received when I bought the upgrade
4. Contacted Nero support - not sure if they'll respond for third party issues
5. The Nero Burning Room "encode files" - works as advertised.

Has anyone else seen this or have any advice? Thanks.

Reply #1
I have the same problem. I hoped to use foobar 2000 for encoding AAC but it quit working after a few files. I assume this is a security feature intended to eliminate the unauthorized use of the encoder through third-party frontends & CLIs.

I am using a valid serial number puchased from the website. I am disappointed to find the software I paid for is crippled in this fashion.
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']
edit: spelling--I spelled "assume" without the "ass."[/span]

Reply #2
I remember seeing this limitation in a trial copy of Nero (v6?) way back. Perhaps in v7 they forget to remove it when the download copy is "activated" with the purchased code. I note that in XP's "Add or Remove Programs" list, "Nero 7 Demo" is still shown...

Reply #3
Well I've encoded over 4000 tracks from foobar with the new encoder.  Try using this frontend with the command line encoder.  That's what I've been using (as Nero 7 broke foo_nero) and it's worked perfectly.

Reply #4
Well I've encoded over 4000 tracks from foobar with the new encoder.  Try using this frontend with the command line encoder.  That's what I've been using (as Nero 7 broke foo_nero) and it's worked perfectly.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, thanks! It's working 100% and I feel less indignant.

Reply #5
Indeed, it does work. Thanks all for your comments and help.

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343985"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a bunch.

First day the new encoder came out, I was careless with encoding.  In less than an hour I noticed I couldn't encode anymore, with external programs. 

Definately Nero is a PITA when it comes to encoding.  If they had an include subdirectory option, I wouldn't care if I had to use Nero's encoder though.

Reply #7
keep in mind that frontend uses custom lowpass setings...so the quality may not be the same.

Reply #8
what frontends with a GUI, not a plugin, support nero 7 aac? and what dll's do i need in the file?

Reply #9
keep in mind that frontend uses custom lowpass setings...so the quality may not be the same.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344428"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can turn off the filter, actually there a few different filters.

Here is the flags I use in Foobar with the encoder.

-album "%album%" -artist "%artist%" -title "%title%" -track "%tracknumber%" -genre "%genre%" -year "%date%" -vbr "tape" -profile "HE" -pns -k -nofir -zs %s %d

You'll have to tamper with the settings for what you want as far as quality.  Also tape setting and forcing PNS is about 5kbs lower than the setup for Radio:Low under Nero(Radio:Low is between 55 and 60kbs).  Like I said, will have to mess with it a bit to get what ya want.

Reply #10
Same Problem here.  Ended up using foo_pod along with the encoder mentioned above.  I'm using the following commandline parameter, which seems to work ok:

-album "%album%" -artist "%artist%" -title "%title%" -track "%tracknumber%" -genre "%genre%" -year "%date%" -vbr "normal" -quality "high" -profile "LC" %s %d