Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EncoderPro (Read 14404 times) previous topic - next topic

EncoderPro

Reply #25
No, but this is not a hosting service. And since you appear to have functional hosting, there does not seem to be any good reason for you to prefer uploading to the forum over hosting the files yourself.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346848"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry for my behaviour, but there is maybe one good reason for this. Maybe its not so good exuse, but I try to explain, if not I delete this stuff that I uploaded, OK.

I have only in work internet access, no connection in home. FTP access is blocked in company I work, more than that is onem ore thing, the one I have most of prove of my right to post this here. I have stoped from developing this software in March, and I wnated know to get some opinions on this app (Encoder Pro) from web users. This was only purpose, when I was uploding this software in forum. Thats simple as that.

PS. I am planning to get commercial hosting, I know that is not an exuse.

EncoderPro

Reply #26
Looks a great tool to replace razorlame, but how can I encode using the presets??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346854"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Right now only by loading tham from program instalation path, but this are my presets, that I have created, mostly for example. You can save your presets. For MP3 and Mp3, OGG only have one option.

NOTE:
(sorry, I'm not sure witch app for you asked)

EncoderPro

Reply #27
Looks a great tool to replace razorlame, but how can I encode using the presets??
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346854"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Presets are at a fixed quality.  Standard is at -V 2;  extreme is at -V 0; Insane is at -b 320;  medium is at -V 5, I believe.  Have fun;

I'd like to pass a message to the author as well :

I think your english is probably worse than what it would be by using translation software on the web (babel.altavista.com) -- this isn't destructive criticism, but maybe you should see if you get more understandable messages using that sort of service than by writing them yourself;  also, I very like the look of your software, but you should include the -preset options, they're the main reason LAME users use LAME.  As a third note, you should also have a box somewhere, which activates "Advanced" options, and allows access to the Psytune, ATH, etc, tabs, and allows you to change the lowpass and highpass.  The only settings that should be available are the bitrate options.

Also, I'm not too sure of the way the dll was optimized vs/ the way to feed it bitrate options.  Maybe someone could confirm on this, but I believe you'd be better off making a frontend for the command-line encoder, even if you choose to hide the lame window (eg, use stdin to give it wavs, it should hide the enc. window;  or ask the foobar developpers how they did it.)

Peace,
Tristan.

EncoderPro

Reply #28
babel.altavista.com doesn't translate Polish i don't think, and I don't find it to hard to understand personally, maybe for other non-native English speakers it may be a bit harder. He's doing his best, if you don't practice, you don't improve

Kristian

EncoderPro

Reply #29
babel.altavista.com doesn't translate Polish i don't think, and I don't find it to hard to understand personally, maybe for other non-native English speakers it may be a bit harder. He's doing his best, if you don't practice, you don't improve

Kristian
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am a native english speaker;  don't you find his sentences confused?

[a href="http://www.leksyka.pl/]http://www.leksyka.pl/[/url]

This site works great, and gives you an idea of english sentence structure as you translate.

EncoderPro

Reply #30
While on the topic of language perfection ,  this spellchecker may come in handy (seems to use American spelling though).
Also MS Word makes a great spellchecker when a text is pasted into a document.
As a non-native, I do that myself very often when writing in English .  It is just too easy to 'eat' a letter here or there.
Now, if someone could write software correcting sentences, and with perfect grammar. And adjusting to appropriate style in an instant...

EncoderPro

Reply #31
No, but this is not a hosting service. And since you appear to have functional hosting, there does not seem to be any good reason for you to prefer uploading to the forum over hosting the files yourself.

Sorry for my behaviour, but there is maybe one good reason for this. Maybe its not so good exuse, but I try to explain, if not I delete this stuff that I uploaded, OK.

I have only in work internet access, no connection in home. FTP access is blocked in company I work, more than that is onem ore thing, the one I have most of prove of my right to post this here. I have stoped from developing this software in March, and I wnated know to get some opinions on this app (Encoder Pro) from web users. This was only purpose, when I was uploding this software in forum. Thats simple as that.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346856"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But since it is already uploaded to your own webspace wouldn't your limited internet access make it easier for you to just give a link to the page where it is available instead of uploaded it here all the time?

EncoderPro

Reply #32
While on the topic of language perfection ,  this spellchecker may come in handy (seems to use American spelling though).
Also MS Word makes a great spellchecker when a text is pasted into a document.
As a non-native, I do that myself very often when writing in English .  It is just too easy to 'eat' a letter here or there.
Now, if someone could write software correcting sentences, and with perfect grammar. And adjusting to appropriate style in an instant...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346916"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It exists, and for french language users, it's called Antidote™
[/end digress]

EncoderPro

Reply #33

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346856"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But since it is already uploaded to your own webspace wouldn't your limited internet access make it easier for you to just give a link to the page where it is available instead of uploaded it here all the time?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346917"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

this is only temporary solution, I will create project in sf.net

EncoderPro

Reply #34
*"You are assuming my language is the problem, while with your level of polyglotism you yourselves would translate slower than I write english."

That's what I got out of it.  In any case, if that's similar to what you meant, sorry, but generally people expect uniform language as a main standard of communication;*  to spread a message well, you'd need to work on your expression a bit more, perhaps.  Take more time to think about how to write your stuff, look it up, maybe.

Don't forget it's a professional project.

Oh, and one last thing,

I'm not being mean.

Edit : post was deleted. the mod / admin who did so can also take out the part of my reply that concerns it.  I'll star it.