Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Self Contained Mp3 File And Stream Player (Read 1829 times) previous topic - next topic

Self Contained Mp3 File And Stream Player

Hi

I am trying to find a simple MP3 player that will operate in a very self contained fashion - ie. no registry entries, no dll into system files - just something that I can drop in anywhere in its own folder and use to play both local files and MP3 streamed files

Does anyone know of a player that fits this description. I am trying to avoid a new corporate software search tool that sniffs out applications based on their registry entries

Any help would be appreciated

regards

bladeraptor

Self Contained Mp3 File And Stream Player

Reply #1
I like and would recommend coolplayer....It's small doens't need to be "installed"...just unzip it and run it...

Also, I used it when I was running Unigraphics (CAD software) which maxed out the cpu quite a bit.....Coolplayer was the only player I tried that didn't skip/pause when the cpu usage jumped....I guessed from that that it was very cpu-friendly...

Anyway, worked great for me.