Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD encoder AIFF (Read 4209 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD encoder AIFF

Hi,
Am recerntly started to rip my CD:s with XLD encoder to uncompressed AIFF
The problem is, when I listen to the ripped material  it seems that  segments from different tracks are toggled and mixed together
example: track 1 beginns with the intro part of track 2 and then it jumps back to the vers  part of track 1

When I use itunes as encoder everything works normal.
I´m sure there is something in the preferences I have to change but what...?

Also, there are so many options available in the preference list I dont know what they actually stand for...
Are they really necessary to get a bit perfect rip or are they just slowing down the encoding process ?

Thanks for advices
Marcus

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #1
First time users of XLD can be put off by the over whelming amount of options. Here is a guide http://jungle.sk/XLD_Tutorial/ even though it's based on an older version it's still all relavent. Once you play around for a while you'll see it's pretty straight forward.

Regarding your issue does it only do it with AIFF or any other format. ?

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #2
First time users of XLD can be put off by the over whelming amount of options. Here is a guide http://jungle.sk/XLD_Tutorial/ even though it's based on an older version it's still all relavent. Once you play around for a while you'll see it's pretty straight forward.

Regarding your issu does it only do it with AIFF or any other format. ?

Thank you for the usefull link!
I´ve just tried with AIFF because that´s the only format I want to use on my system

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #3
with XLD encoder...
...when I listen to the ripped material it seems that segments from different tracks are toggled and mixed together...

...When I use itunes as encoder everything works normal.
Is that experiment reliably-repeatable???  ...I don't use XLD, but it's hard to believe XLD has such a major-serious bug!

When something similar happend to me (on a PC, with different software of course), it was a bad hard drive.  Someone else here (using XLD) had a similar problem, and it was his iPod's hard drive.  That story is here[/color].

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #4
I have just tried ripping a cd to Aiff with XLD the latest release and i don't experience the issue.

Is there a reason why you on;y want Aiff to rip your cd's, you could use ALAC get the same quality and save a fair bit of space.

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #5
with XLD encoder...
...when I listen to the ripped material it seems that segments from different tracks are toggled and mixed together...

...When I use itunes as encoder everything works normal.
Is that experiment reliably-repeatable???  ...I don't use XLD, but it's hard to believe XLD has such a major-serious bug!

When something similar happend to me (on a PC, with different software of course), it was a bad hard drive.  Someone else here (using XLD) had a similar problem, and it was his iPod's hard drive.  That story is here[/color].

Yes I did  repeat it just now...
Track 1 playback OK
Track 2 beginns with aprox 5s of track 1 before it start the song in track 2
Marcus

XLD encoder AIFF

Reply #6
I have just tried ripping a cd to Aiff with XLD the latest release and i don't experience the issue.

Is there a reason why you on;y want Aiff to rip your cd's, you could use ALAC get the same quality and save a fair bit of space.

On my main HiFi system I rather want to have the copy as close the original  source as possible, therfore AIFF.
Strange but the problem exists still by me.  My harddrive (MIniMAC is new and as I wrote before when ripping in itUnes
everthing works as it should. /marcus