Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Vqf-winamp Input Plugin Needed ... (Read 4370 times) previous topic - next topic

Vqf-winamp Input Plugin Needed ...

Hi,

i'm doing some research work by comparing current and outdated audio codecs. Recently I found out that there was a VQF-Input Plugin for WinAMP which reached 1.0 status - but it cannot be downloaded from www.vqf.com any more - and on classic.winamp.com/plugins only the pre 1.0 version is kept. Any more search via google did not produce the results i wanted.

So my question: where can I download the 1.0 version of this plugin? Please, no discussion about VQF-quality - I know what I'm doing. Just need this plugin for some comparison (CPU-Usage etc. ...)

Thanks and bye
MS

PS: one last question - there were some rumours about a new version of VQF to be released in the near future - is there anything true about it?

Reply #1
VQF sucks, it has bad quality ( kidding)
I too would like to know where to download the final plugin..

Reply #2
So my question: where can I download the 1.0 version of this plugin? Please, no discussion about VQF-quality - I know what I'm doing. Just need this plugin for some comparison (CPU-Usage etc. ...)

I think the latest plugin is this 1.12b:
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/oldshit/in_vqf.exe

Notice that Peter hasn't updated it for a long time, and as far as I know has no plans  to update it in the future.

PS: one last question - there were some rumours about a new version of VQF to be released in the near future - is there anything true about it?
There's a new VQF version included in Ahead's Nero supporting upto 192 kbps. It's not supported by the WinAmp plugin though... You need to use Nero to decode/play it. The quality of VQF-192 is also bad...
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #3
Hi,

first of all: thank you very much. This resolves all my playback problems. Another thing, though: i'd also like to encode again but without reinstalling the old media applications provided by Yamaha and assorted firms - i think there was a VQF Output Plugin for WinAMP as well ...

I'd be very glad if anybody could help me out HERE as well ;-)

Bye
MS

Reply #4
Yeah, I remember there was out_vqf.exe package for WinAmp. It was hosted by dalnetvqf which is gone.

But I'm almost positive that Roberto aka rjamorim (the old VQF zealot!  ) still has it. 
Someone must have it anyway..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
people who STILL encode VQF should be shot to put them out of the gene pool.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
As I pointed out before, I need it for some comparison chart with the corresponding samples.

I don't think there's anybody out there still using VQF - it's hard enough to find old music encoded in that format anyway ;-)

Reply #7
There you go.
From personal archive B).

Reply #8
Thanks ;-)

You're the man!

Reply #9
But I'm almost positive that Roberto aka rjamorim (the old VQF zealot!  ) still has it.  
Someone must have it anyway..

Heh. Yeah. I have the cool edit filter as well. :B

I feel my death coming for touching this subject (cough), bute here I go:

If you want to encode VQF files for testing purposes, I suggest you don't use out_vqf. It uses tvqenc.dll, which quality is suboptimal.

For "best" quality, use Yamaha's SoundVQ. It's shareware, but with 90 days of trial period - plenty of time.
http://www.yamaha-xg.com/soundvq/index.html

(Although I never compared Nero to SoundVQ. Given that Ahead got the sources from Yamaha, I would believe quality is on par)

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #10
I think that I perhaps still have the SDK on my computer...

Reply #11
I think that I perhaps still have the SDK on my computer...

I think you can get it at ol' vqf.com

http://www.vqf.com/count/clickout.php3?swid=36

Edit: nevermind. The download page is there, but the file isn't.

Edit2: OK, download it here:
http://www.twinvq.org/english/kaihatsu_en.html
(You'll have to register first)

Reply #12
If you're really eager(!!!), don't forget that VQF encoding comes with the CDex Beta as well!!