Skip to main content
Topic: FLAC + EAC = FAQ? (Read 5116 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Is there any FAQ with parameters for grabbing CDs into FLAC using EAC "external encoder" feature?
/aim

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #3
Tutorial: EAC + Flac, Wavpack, ape etc: www.high-quality.ch.vu , go to Lossless guide.

eacs commandline would be eg:

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T "comment=High Quality, EAC secure, Lossless flac " %s

http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/hq-audio/l...g-eac-flac.html

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #4
I used the above command line and it worked flawlessly for me, thanks!

The only drawback (IMOHO), is that it did not give me a "results" message prior to closing the command line window.  I checked the file size vs. the same CD track I had done using FLAC w/FLAC Frontend manually, and they are identical.

Two questions:

1.  Does this command line include or turn off Replaygain?  I DO NOT like Replaygain so prefer to have it switched off.

2.  Is there a way to still see the verification window using this automated FLAC compression option in EAC?

Here is an example of what I normally get to see (of course I have to do each CD manually this way), although this is a bad example since it was a quickie just for this post and does not include the album title, year, etc since I only did this one wav file:

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #5
1.  Does this command line include or turn off Replaygain?  I DO NOT like Replaygain so prefer to have it switched off.

2.  Is there a way to still see the verification window using this automated FLAC compression option in EAC?

1. ReplayGain calculation is off by default. "--replay-gain" is the command to enable it.

2. If "EAC > EAC Options > Tools tab > Do not open external compressor window" is unchecked, the window will open while compression is running. I don't know of any way to keep it from closing automatically when the compression is done.

FLAC + EAC = FAQ?

Reply #6
The only drawback (IMOHO), is that it did not give me a "results" message prior to closing the command line window.  I checked the file size vs. the same CD track I had done using FLAC w/FLAC Frontend manually, and they are identical.

Since you are using the -V switch, then you should also enable the option "Compression options/External Compression/Check for external programs return code". That option will make EAC display a warning dialog if flac.exe's verification fails... Besides checking this option in EAC if using the -V switch, then theres no need to look at flac.exe's CLI output...

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019