Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: There has to be an easier way! (Read 2785 times) previous topic - next topic

There has to be an easier way!

I started ripping all  my songs as Apple Lossless in iTunes, but I found quite a few songs that seemed to have clicks or pops after ripping.  It was suggested that I begin using EAC and AccurateRip to rip my cds.  So, I now have EAC and Accurate Rip dialed in.  I had some problems at first, but I pulled out my circa 2002 CD Burner    which works much much better then my current dvd burner. 

Now, the problem I am running into is that after I rip the cd as a wav file and import those files to itunes they have no tags.  It never occured to me that wav files don't have id3 tags... so there goes that plan.  The best solution would be if I could somehow output an iso file from EAC (and then load it into daemon tools and rip with iTunes), but from what I can tell that is not an option.  So, what ma I missing?  whats the most efficient way to do this?

Reply #1
iTunesEncode is what you need, all the reading is on this site.

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331723"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

iTunesEncode does apple lossless?  I was under the impression it was only for AAC.

Reply #3
Yes, you specify in the settings file that you want to use the lossless encoder, and away it goes and does them lossless for you!  All the reading for command line switches is in the iTunesEncode zip file, I recall.

Reply #4
WAV files never have ID3 tags. You can only find ID3 tags in MP3s. I would suggest you to name the files like "artist - album - track - title" and the use a masstagger to write tags based on filenames. But I'm not sure if there is a tagger supporting Apple Lossless.  Why don't you rather use a standard format such as OGG FLAC or WavPack?

Reply #5
What is the differance between iToons and iTunesEncode?

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331723"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

iTunesEncode does apple lossless?  I was under the impression it was only for AAC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331726"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just use -e "Lossless Encoder" on the iTunesEncode command line instead of -e "AAC Encoder". Works great.