Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp4 tagging on mp3 players (Read 2008 times) previous topic - next topic

mp4 tagging on mp3 players

ok, i have a sony ericsson W800i and it happy to play the (unlocked) .m4a files from iTunes, which i'm quite happy about, but it doesn't display the tag information (although it is present according to Tag&Rename and the likes)

is there ANY way to get the W800 to display the tag information? or are mp4 tags non transferable to ID3?

mp4 tagging on mp3 players

Reply #1
mpeg-4 AAC tags are in a different form than ID3 tags that are associated with mp3's.  I noticed that my PSP played the few mpeg-4 AAC files that I have yet it would not display the tag information.  I am not sure what format the tag needs to be.  You might try opening the song/s in the Sony Connect software then editing the tags via that.  It worked for my PSP so it will probably work for your Sony DAP.