Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 392027 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #600
Two major bugs (version 0.3.7 build 1680) when encoding with h264:
1) the correct way to encoding in h264 with mencoder is otput to raw video (with "-of rawvideo") , and the output file should have the .264 extension. Then you can mux safely with mp4box. Otherwise, mencoder put the h264 video in avi container: that is non standard, and what's worse mp4box don't recognise it either. And if you can't put h264 in mp4, you can't put it in matroska either, because the matroska muxer expect h264 being in mp4.
2) the option for constant quality is "crf" (=constant rate factor), not "cr" as it is now. Also, in this case the "qp_constant" option should be removed.

Reply #601
Well... after some busy time... here am I and my problem on m4a encoding.

First of all, CT is very fast if compared to 3GPP...! Yes, it worked! But...

I don't know what may be happening, but I still have that quality decreasing problem, and it's very annoying! How do I fix it (either having the full song with the lower quality or, what would be better, having it entirely with the high one from the first second)? (Yes, I have the newest build: 0.3.7 build 1680)

And I'll say it again: do you want me to send a sample...? Or is it something that happens with others too... ...?

The second thing: the CT encodes in .aac, so I should choose MP4 in the container tab, right?

The last thing: I need to save some HD space, so I decided to convert my mp3 songs into mp4. Is it better to convert'em into wave before m4a or the resulting quality will be the same as if I go directly from mp3 to m4a...?

Thanks for your patience AGAIN!

Reply #602
Two major bugs (version 0.3.7 build 1680) when encoding with h264:
1) the correct way to encoding in h264 with mencoder is otput to raw video (with "-of rawvideo") , and the output file should have the .264 extension. Then you can mux safely with mp4box. Otherwise, mencoder put the h264 video in avi container: that is non standard, and what's worse mp4box don't recognise it either. And if you can't put h264 in mp4, you can't put it in matroska either, because the matroska muxer expect h264 being in mp4.
2) the option for constant quality is "crf" (=constant rate factor), not "cr" as it is now. Also, in this case the "qp_constant" option should be removed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375346"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a lot!
I've fixed all these issues in build 1682.

Reply #603
I don't know what may be happening, but I still have that quality decreasing problem, and it's very annoying! How do I fix it (either having the full song with the lower quality or, what would be better, having it entirely with the high one from the first second)? (Yes, I have the newest build: 0.3.7 build 1680)

And I'll say it again: do you want me to send a sample...? Or is it something that happens with others too... ...?

The second thing: the CT encodes in .aac, so I should choose MP4 in the container tab, right?

The last thing: I need to save some HD space, so I decided to convert my mp3 songs into mp4. Is it better to convert'em into wave before m4a or the resulting quality will be the same as if I go directly from mp3 to m4a...?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375651"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. You can try encode with Winamp and see if there is the same problem.
2. whether mux them in MP4 or not does not affect the quality at all
3. I suggest not doing so if you don't use this only as temporary storage (just listen for some weeks). Transcoding from one lossy format to another will surely brings loss in quality even if the target format has more advanced algorithm and even higher bit rate, the loss in quality will be permanent and you won't be able to find them back.

Reply #604
Optimus, just one little question for you? Dows MediaCoder fully supports Dual-Core processors, Athlon 64 X2 and Intel Pentium D 9xx series?

If not, please optimize MediaCoder for dual-core machines as soon as possible.

Reply #605
If not, please optimize MediaCoder for dual-core machines as soon as possible.

You better talk to the FFMPEG devs about this. After all, Mediacoder is a (very powerful) GUI for mencoder.

Kostarum Rex Persia, do you happen to be the only child of your beloved parents ?

Christian
matroska project admin

Reply #606
somewhy i downloaded mediacoder-0.3.7-build1682.exe (336465 bytes) from SF.net but after installation it reports that it is a 1681 build.

Reply #607
somewhy i downloaded mediacoder-0.3.7-build1682.exe (336465 bytes) from SF.net but after installation it reports that it is a 1681 build.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376606"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, and it prompts you to install the new 1682 build.

Has happened once or twice before.

Not that it is a big deal, of course.
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #608
hmmm... i think i found a bug. i cant make it to transcode anything. spend two days fighting    had read all manuals and wiki, googling etc.

after starting transcoding a messagebox popups instantly saying that transcoding failed and proposing five possible reasons.

Installation process:
1) MediaCoder-0.3.7-20060325.exe from Sf.net (full pack)
2) mediacoder-0.3.7-build1682.exe from sf.net (update)
all MediaCoder options are default. install path E:\bhlo\Mcod\ (note, DOS compatable :-) )

info about a system i run:
Windows 2000 pro SP4 + rollup1
filesystem: NTFS v5.0 (default for win2k)
192M of SDRAM PC66
cpu info follows in logs

program log:
Code: [Select]
[02-29 17:05:48] Start transcoding job for E:\sound\enc\==REF\ref-pop.wav
[02-29 17:05:48] Opening audio source (Waveform/PCM File)
[02-29 17:05:48] Applying codec parameters
[02-29 17:05:48] Starting audio encoder (Lame MP3)
[02-29 17:05:48] [Lame] Failed to start encoder front-end
[02-29 17:05:48] Error loading Lame MP3
[02-29 17:05:48] Error occured during audio transcoding.
[02-29 17:05:48] Finished transcoding job for E:\sound\enc\==REF\ref-pop.wav

Console log:
MediaCoder Version 0.3.7 build 1681 (built on Mon Mar 27 13:39:02 2006)
This is a free software written by Stanley Huang <reachme@citiz.net>. Enjoy!

Processor information:
Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 10) / I
nternal Cache: 32 KB

MPlayer dev-CVS-060324-19:46-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Coppermine,Geyserville (Family: 6, Stepping: 10
)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing E:\sound\enc\==REF\ref-pop.wav.
Audio file file format detected.
Duration: 206000 ms
Outputing file info to pipe 408
Parse only mode (level 1) enabled.

Exiting... (Quit)

Audio source: Waveform/PCM File
Sample Rate: 44100Hz Channels: 2 BPS: 16 Length: 0

Audio encoder: Lame MP3
Sample Rate: 44100Hz Channels: 2 BPS: 16

#

Reply #609
Does this tool work for transcoding HiDef videos? I need to convert the bitrate on some hidef videos without (hopefully) changing the output resolution (currently 1900x1080) and also recoding from AC3 to MP3.  Will this tool do that? The files are usually in .TS (mpeg transport stream) format.

Reply #610
I've got some VOB files with Linear PCM audio (not DD or MPEG audio) and when I convert using Nero AAC Encoder I get only hiss in the resulting file.

What am I doing wrong?

MPlayer dev-CVS-060324-19:46-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Willamette; Xeon Foster (Family: 15, Stepping: 2)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing C:\DOWNLOAD\_RFWWW\1 TRAILERS\3 FOURTH ANGEL\trailer3_fourth_angel.VOB.
MPEG-PS file format detected.
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x480  (aspect 2)  29.970 fps  8243.6 kbps (1030.5 kbyte/s)
Duration: 102891 ms
File not found: 'C:/Program Files/MediaCoder/mplayer/mplayer/default.sub'
Failed to open C:/Program Files/MediaCoder/mplayer/mplayer/default.sub
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [dvdpcm] Uncompressed DVD/VOB LPCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16be, 1536.0 kbit/100.00% (ratio: 192000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [dvdpcm] afm: dvdpcm (Uncompressed DVD/VOB LPCM)
Forced video codec: dummy
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x10000002.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
Using pipe 0x4b8 as audio output
AO: [pipe] 48000Hz 2ch s16be (2 bytes per sample)
Video: no video
Starting playback...

Audio source: MPlayer
Sample Rate: 48000Hz Channels: 2 BPS: 16 Length: 5

Audio encoder: Nero AAC Encoder
Sample Rate: 48000Hz Channels: 2 BPS: 16

# ".\tools\mp4box.exe" -fps 29.970 -add "C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\trailer3
_fourth_angel.VOB.m4a"#audio "C:\DOWNLOAD\_RFWWW\trailer3_fourth_angel.m4a"

IsoMedia import - track ID 1 - Audio (SR 48000 - 2 channels)
Converting to ISMA Audio-Video MP4 file...
Saving to C:\DOWNLOAD\_RFWWW\trailer3_fourth_angel.m4a: 0.500 secs Interleaving

Thanks.

Reply #611
I've got the same issue as TeslaUa. I've tried converting a couple of .ra files (to mp3) & get the following error:

[02-30 07:13:26] Start transcoding job for C:\Temp\wed.ra
[02-30 07:13:27] Opening audio source (MPlayer)
[02-30 07:13:27] Applying codec parameters
[02-30 07:13:27] Starting audio encoder (Lame MP3)
[02-30 07:13:27] [Lame] Failed to start encoder front-end
[02-30 07:13:27] Error loading Lame MP3
[02-30 07:13:28] Error occured during audio transcoding.
[02-30 07:13:28] Finished transcoding job for C:\Temp\wed.ra
[02-30 07:13:37] Error occurs while checking for an update. You must have direct Internet access to have this function work.

I've tried MediaCoder b1681 on 2 systems (1 XP, 1 W2K3). I have been able to convert a ra file once, but when i try to convert the file again (or a new file), i get the above error!

Reply #612
Thanx for your new builds, now h264 in mp4 works like a charm.

Some other issues:
When using mplayer as audio source, CT AAC+ don't work (maybe I'm missing something?). Nero AAC, 3GPP, FAAC, Lame: all works well and mux perfectly in mp4. (Vorbis and other audio codecs currently are not allowed in mp4). Helix Producer RA10 don't work if there are white spaces in input file name.

Regarding muxing h264 in Matroska, apparently MediaCoder do his job, but the result is unplayable in most players (except mplayer, but somehow it hogs my CPU...).
So: for muxing h264 in Matroska you must:
1) encode h264 in rawvideo;
2) muxing rawvideo in mp4 using mp4box;
3) muxing the resulting .mp4 video in matroska using mkvmerge.

Oh, and I like very much your tool.

Reply #613
Mux to MP4 container doesn't work for me. I use build 0.3.7 1681.

I mean, H.264 video can't be muxed into MP4 container

Reply #614
In Medicoder is there any plans to compress by fixed size. I see fixed bitrate and fixed quality. This option works well in other progs.

Reply #615
In Medicoder is there any plans to compress by fixed size. I see fixed bitrate and fixed quality. This option works well in other progs.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377310"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have only heard about so-called fixed size in MPEG2 TS which pads unused space in the stream with zero. Why do you think you need that?

Reply #616
Does this tool work for transcoding HiDef videos? I need to convert the bitrate on some hidef videos without (hopefully) changing the output resolution (currently 1900x1080) and also recoding from AC3 to MP3.  Will this tool do that? The files are usually in .TS (mpeg transport stream) format.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376845"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've used MediaCoder to transcode lots of HD TS stream (1920x1080 MPEG2/AC3 in TS) to other formats. It should work for that.

Reply #617
hmmm... i think i found a bug. i cant make it to transcode anything. spend two days fighting    had read all manuals and wiki, googling etc.

after starting transcoding a messagebox popups instantly saying that transcoding failed and proposing five possible reasons.

Installation process:
1) MediaCoder-0.3.7-20060325.exe from Sf.net (full pack)
2) mediacoder-0.3.7-build1682.exe from sf.net (update)
all MediaCoder options are default. install path E:\bhlo\Mcod\ (note, DOS compatable :-) )

info about a system i run:
Windows 2000 pro SP4 + rollup1
filesystem: NTFS v5.0 (default for win2k)
192M of SDRAM PC66
cpu info follows in logs

program log:
[02-29 17:05:48] Start transcoding job for E:\sound\enc\==REF\ref-pop.wav
[02-29 17:05:48] Opening audio source (Waveform/PCM File)
[02-29 17:05:48] Applying codec parameters
[02-29 17:05:48] Starting audio encoder (Lame MP3)
[02-29 17:05:48] [Lame] Failed to start encoder front-end
[02-29 17:05:48] Error loading Lame MP3
[02-29 17:05:48] Error occured during audio transcoding.
[02-29 17:05:48] Finished transcoding job for E:\sound\enc\==REF\ref-pop.wav

Please remove "==" from your file name and try.

Reply #618
I've got the same issue as TeslaUa. I've tried converting a couple of .ra files (to mp3) & get the following error:

[02-30 07:13:26] Start transcoding job for C:\Temp\wed.ra
[02-30 07:13:27] Opening audio source (MPlayer)
[02-30 07:13:27] Applying codec parameters
[02-30 07:13:27] Starting audio encoder (Lame MP3)
[02-30 07:13:27] [Lame] Failed to start encoder front-end
[02-30 07:13:27] Error loading Lame MP3
[02-30 07:13:28] Error occured during audio transcoding.
[02-30 07:13:28] Finished transcoding job for C:\Temp\wed.ra
[02-30 07:13:37] Error occurs while checking for an update. You must have direct Internet access to have this function work.

I've tried MediaCoder b1681 on 2 systems (1 XP, 1 W2K3). I have been able to convert a ra file once, but when i try to convert the file again (or a new file), i get the above error!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377009"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What's the sampling rate of your RA file?

Reply #619
Thanx for your new builds, now h264 in mp4 works like a charm.

Some other issues:
When using mplayer as audio source, CT AAC+ don't work (maybe I'm missing something?). Nero AAC, 3GPP, FAAC, Lame: all works well and mux perfectly in mp4. (Vorbis and other audio codecs currently are not allowed in mp4). Helix Producer RA10 don't work if there are white spaces in input file name.

Regarding muxing h264 in Matroska, apparently MediaCoder do his job, but the result is unplayable in most players (except mplayer, but somehow it hogs my CPU...).
So: for muxing h264 in Matroska you must:
1) encode h264 in rawvideo;
2) muxing rawvideo in mp4 using mp4box;
3) muxing the resulting .mp4 video in matroska using mkvmerge.

Oh, and I like very much your tool.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377012"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

CT AAC+ works with MP4 container at my side. Please try audio only transcoding with CT AAC+ to see if it works.

H.264 in matroska is not gurateed to be playable by all players. Actually in MediaCoder, H.264 with AVI container is wrapped in matroska. I will look for a solution for this.

Reply #620
I've got some VOB files with Linear PCM audio (not DD or MPEG audio) and when I convert using Nero AAC Encoder I get only hiss in the resulting file.

What am I doing wrong?

Try clicking "Play" to see if this file can be played properly.

Reply #621
What's the sampling rate of your RA file?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377370"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

File Details:
Container: Real
-> Duration: 7321.0 sec(s)

Audio: cook
-> Bitrate: 32kbps
-> Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
-> Channel(s):2

Target Format
Audio: Lame MP3
-> Bit Rate: 112 Kbps
Estimated File Size: 97MB

Annoying thing is that I have got it to work once, but now it won't. I've tried several files.

Reply #622
An example would be compress video to a size that would fit on one cd. Compress a movie (using the xvid codec etc) to a size of 743mb+- wich will allow you to fit 6 avi movies (that play with very high quality) on one dvd and so on. A program that does this very well but only for dvds (that you own of course) is a program called Fairuse. It would be nice to be able to take say a downloaded video (mpg,avi,mpeg ect) that is 1.3gb and recompress it to 700mb or only as low as you need it to mantain the best quality movie for your present needs.

Reply #623
An example would be compress video to a size that would fit on one cd. Compress a movie (using the xvid codec etc) to a size of 743mb+- wich will allow you to fit 6 avi movies (that play with very high quality) on one dvd and so on. A program that does this very well but only for dvds (that you own of course) is a program called Fairuse. It would be nice to be able to take say a downloaded video (mpg,avi,mpeg ect) that is 1.3gb and recompress it to 700mb or only as low as you need it to mantain the best quality movie for your present needs.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377415"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've got your point now. This is a good idea. I will add it!

Reply #624
A command line version of MediaCoder is released. It uses MediaCoder core library (mccore.dll). Currently it transcode audio only. It's just a sample for using mccore.dll (refer to mccli.c).

Get it here.

Just for fun.