Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 392023 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #575
hi optimus, I can't compile mediacoder (from CVS), FloatFR_aacPlusEnc cannot find transcendent.c and cfftn.c while MediaCoder Core can't find aacPlusEnc.lib and MediaCoder can't find mccore.lib (probably due to the failed core build).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371939"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, mediacoder.exe depends on mccore.lib which depends on aacplusenc.lib.
Try choosing Release mode when compiling aacplusenc.lib.

Reply #576
Optimus, your newest update 0.37 build 1606 won't work. Mediacoder asks for mediainfo.dll file after I installed newest update.

Previous build 1560 work very good.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=371888"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should do a Full Pack upgrading when doing update from pre 0.3.7.

Reply #577
Try choosing Release mode when compiling aacplusenc.lib.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372058"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

still no success:
Code: [Select]
------ Build started: Project: FloatFRlib, Configuration: CT Release Win32 ------

Compiling...
transcendent.c
c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\src\transcendent.c': No such file or directory
cfftn.c
c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\src\cfftn.c': No such file or directory

Build log was saved at "file://e:\Programming\C\MEnc\mediacoder\aacPlusenc\FloatFRlib\Win32_O\CT\obj\BuildLog.htm"
FloatFRlib - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Reply #578
Optimus, can you post here nessesary mediainfo.dll file, because I can't download Full Pack.

And, please tell me where to copy that file,in which folder of Media Coder.

Reply #579
First: This is a great great software! It solved me lot of problem!  Thanks!

And second: I encode with XviD 1.2 beta and I have a multicore processor: how can I set XviD to use 2 threads in MediaCoder?

Thanks a lot!

Reply #580
Jck, Media Coder doesn't support dual-core proccesing at all. But I hope that Optimus will support it very soon.

Reply #581
Jck, Media Coder doesn't support dual-core proccesing at all. But I hope that Optimus will support it very soon.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372234"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've noticed this issue when transcoding video on my office PC which has a P4 3G hyper-threading capable CPU. The CPU usage can never exceeds 50%. Currently audio transcoding is done with 2 threads, 1 for decoding and 1 for encoding, though this can still not achieve 100% CPU usage, as decoding and encoding is 1:5 in CPU power consumption. The video transcoding is done with single thread (by MEncoder). If the new Xvid library can support dual thread mode, then encoding xvid videos with MediaCoder will be simply faster on dual-core CPUs, but the rest video codecs will still not. As I'm not developing codecs, an approach I can think of is to divide video decodng and encoding into 2 threads. To achieve this without modifying too much on MEncoder, I may use MPlayer to do decoding in one thread/process and get frames from it and send to MEncoder who is working in another thread/process.

Reply #582
still no success:
Code: [Select]
------ Build started: Project: FloatFRlib, Configuration: CT Release Win32 ------

Compiling...
transcendent.c
c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\src\transcendent.c': No such file or directory
cfftn.c
c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\src\cfftn.c': No such file or directory

Build log was saved at "file://e:\Programming\C\MEnc\mediacoder\aacPlusenc\FloatFRlib\Win32_O\CT\obj\BuildLog.htm"
FloatFRlib - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372111"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sorry I just forgot add these 2 files into CVS.
Update your code from CVS and you will get them.

Reply #583
What are the correct settings for optimizing QuickTime compatible MPEG-4 output using MediaCoder? 

I am interested in utilizing the H.264 codec. Input is from a de-interlaced .avi file.

My attempts to date have resulted in errors each time that I specify the MP4 container.

Thanks!

Reply #584
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372234"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that XviD itself is multithread. In fact you can set number of threads in XviD control panel.
I found this in MEncoder doc about xvidencopts option:

threads=<1-4>
              Split  each  frame  into slices and encode them in parallel (de-
              fault: 1).  Also allows multithreaded decoding  if  the  decoder
              supports  it (lavc does not).  This has a slight penalty to com-
              pression.  Requires that libx264 was compiled with pthread  sup-
              port;  if  not,  this  option will produce a warning and enables
              slices but not multithreading.

Anyway, great work

Reply #585
@Optimus

Many Thank for integrating SSRC.

But it seems, SSRC isn´t function. When i activate SSRC and do an conversion, it happens nothing...
When i inactivate SSRC the conversion is ok...

Do you know the problem ?

PS: Is it possible to integrate all functions from SSRC to Mediacoder.
e.g. 20/24 bit etc.

Greets
Pacemaker

Reply #586
I think that XviD itself is multithread. In fact you can set number of threads in XviD control panel.
I found this in MEncoder doc about xvidencopts option:

threads=<1-4>
              Split  each  frame  into slices and encode them in parallel (de-
              fault: 1).  Also allows multithreaded decoding  if  the  decoder
              supports  it (lavc does not).  This has a slight penalty to com-
              pression.  Requires that libx264 was compiled with pthread  sup-
              port;  if  not,  this  option will produce a warning and enables
              slices but not multithreading.

Anyway, great work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372305"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Then it seems simply adding an option entry will do. 

Reply #587
@Optimus

Many Thank for integrating SSRC.

But it seems, SSRC isn´t function. When i activate SSRC and do an conversion, it happens nothing...
When i inactivate SSRC the conversion is ok...

Do you know the problem ?

PS: Is it possible to integrate all functions from SSRC to Mediacoder.
e.g. 20/24 bit etc.

Greets
Pacemaker
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=372320"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wanna do source level integration of ssrc, but I'm not having more free time this period of time.
I will check why ssrc not functioning.

Reply #588
Optimus, you should add much more settings for x264 codec.

Reply #589
Hello Optimus!

Nice evolutions since I last used your marvelous tool! Don't have too much free time these days...
But when I want to use it, I find bugs.    I just want to convert some MP3s to AAC (using CT) and Mediacoder crashes when it encounters VBR MP3s (well, it seems that the common element was that these files are VBR ones). It crashes when using even MPlayer or Winamp plugins to decode.

Anyway, still a wonderful tool! Thanks!

AiZ

Reply #590
Hey Optimus,
First off, let me say thanks for such an awesome open source program. I have two open source programs myself, and I love to see others who help the open source cause. At the same time, I know what a hassle it can be to constantly support them, so I tried as hard as I could to figure this out without involving you. I just don't understand the lingo- so if you help me with this I'd be glad to donate a few bucks. All I am trying to do is convert an MOV file into an mpeg or avi, or anything that is smaller and will still keep the audio and video quality reasonable. I have the file added into the program, but I have no idea what to do from there. Can you help me?

Reply #591
Hi Optimus!

First of all, respect (one of many other, i know:) to you for your amazing soft!

Could i suggest to add some new options/to improve existing ones?

1. When I open a window names “show file details” by F8 key, I cannot close it by pressing Enter or Esc. Also i cannot… how can I say… to switch a focus between those two buttons by arrow keys. So I have to use mouse which is not convenient in all cases. And there is still not clear if it is a IDv1 or IDv2 tag. I know about difficult with that but can you just indicate, what information (IDv1 or IDv2) displays when F8 pressed.

2. As mr. dimzon says, at the “file’s names table” I can see columns with file’s names, types, full path etc. but NOT their bitrate. It may be convenient – to see bitrate at a separate column for all files simultaneously AND to sort files by bitrate by clicking to the header of such a column. So, you can add to the table all your music collection, sort it by bitrate, delete for example all files lower than 128 kbps, and after it – to transcode others which are left in the table.

3. Don’t you intend to integrate any help INTO the program?

4. At the “video filters” – “scalling”, can you add a 320x240 mode? You know, a lot of pocket PC, such as iPAQs use this resolution. And also, can you copy this selection (a selection of output resolution) from the “deep dive settings” as somebody says in this topic, to the front panel (the “video” tab)? Also for viewing movies on a pocket PC while you’re traveling by a noisy plane usually it’s enough to have a sound bitrate about 20-24 kbps in mp3 but your soft has 32 kbps min, well, it’s not so important.

5. I have such a task: I have a short wav-file with high sample frequency and need to transcode it to wav-file with 11025 Hz rate because some Siemens cellphones can play only this type of files. What should I do? I have found TWO places in your soft where I can set up the output sample frequency (both in a “audio filter” tab): “Shibatch Sample Rate Converter” and “Resampling”. Which one should be toggled? I tried to toggle the first one and the second one and both but program says that “is nothing to do”. And it does nothing.
And among this. Sometimes I need to transcode mp3-files to wav-files with high frequency (to make an audio-CD from mp3s). Can you also copy that frequency switch to the front panel from the “deep” settings?

6. I can see the estimated size of the output file DURING the transcoding. I know that it’s just an estimating but can I see it anyway BEFORE the process? In that case I can control if my current settings will make a file greater then the source file was. Otherwise I will know this fact after the process was started already.

7. Actually I usually use the program POCKETDIVXENCODER v0.3.50 (http://divx.ppccool.com/) to transcode movies for viewing at pocket PC. And I advise you to think about including into you soft some options which are very convenient for users:

When I intend to transcode a movie, I think a lot about what bitrate should I set to get a suitable quality and a minimal size. And POCKETDIVXENCODER allow to preview what a result will be with the bitrate I have set. It selects a short piece of file, 10-20 seconds long, transcode it within 1-2 minutes and displays a result. So, I can see it after 2 minutes instead of 2 hours transcoding time of the whole file. In your soft I have found a “preview transcoded file” option but it does nothing.

Also, in that program when I want to crop a frame, program shows me a frame and four sliders. I can move every slider and see in realtime what left/right/upper/downer part of frame will be cropped. It’s convenient. But if it is hard to do in your soft, can you add to the window where mplayer plays a file, two scales – at the right and upper side of a frame? Than I can at least approximately estimate what is the width in picsels of upper and downer black stripes on the frame.

Sorry for my English. I try to explain all I mean.
But. I just came to the forum but have read this entire topic before posting! To be sure that no one discussed the same things. Does many of participants do the same?

Regards

Reply #592
Hi,

I've tried using Medacoder to convert my collection of 2000 .ogg music I want to convert to MP4 for ipod use.

When I added my music folder, the began listing the files went up to ~99 music files the GUI froze up (Not responding), Tag.exe was stopping and starting in the background.

I tried moving half and then 3/4 of my music out of the directory. At 1/4, it stopped responding for a minute and then started working again.

What can I do to troubleshoot and fix this?
Will mediacoder convert the Tagging correctly? If not, how should I do it?
Will Nero's encoder the best for my use?

Thanks.

Reply #593
A Full Pack update is availble. As I modified some interfacing code with MPlayer and patched MPlayer again, you have to get a Full Pack update.

Reply #594
Optimus, you should add much more settings for x264 codec.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373285"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've added some more x264 options in the latest release.

Reply #595
Hello Optimus!

Nice evolutions since I last used your marvelous tool! Don't have too much free time these days...
But when I want to use it, I find bugs.    I just want to convert some MP3s to AAC (using CT) and Mediacoder crashes when it encounters VBR MP3s (well, it seems that the common element was that these files are VBR ones). It crashes when using even MPlayer or Winamp plugins to decode.

Anyway, still a wonderful tool! Thanks!

AiZ
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please upload the problem files to my FTP, so I can debug MediaCoder with them.

[a href="ftp://dev:dev@base.3322.org]ftp://dev:dev@base.3322.org[/url]

Reply #596
Thanks for your lots of suggestions.   
Some of them are good ones, but due to implementation factors, is not handy to do. I will, when having more free time (I'm cosidering to do SOHO in the future), try implementing them. The items I didn't quote is in such case. 
3. Don’t you intend to integrate any help INTO the program?

I really hope somebody else can help to write a help or how-to document. The developer of a software is never the best person to write user's document and I'm really not fond of and not good at writing user's document I'm afraid. 

4. At the “video filters” – “scalling”, can you add a 320x240 mode? You know, a lot of pocket PC, such as iPAQs use this resolution. And also, can you copy this selection (a selection of output resolution) from the “deep dive settings” as somebody says in this topic, to the front panel (the “video” tab)? Also for viewing movies on a pocket PC while you’re traveling by a noisy plane usually it’s enough to have a sound bitrate about 20-24 kbps in mp3 but your soft has 32 kbps min, well, it’s not so important.

I will surely do this.

5. I have such a task: I have a short wav-file with high sample frequency and need to transcode it to wav-file with 11025 Hz rate because some Siemens cellphones can play only this type of files. What should I do? I have found TWO places in your soft where I can set up the output sample frequency (both in a “audio filter” tab): “Shibatch Sample Rate Converter” and “Resampling”. Which one should be toggled? I tried to toggle the first one and the second one and both but program says that “is nothing to do”. And it does nothing.
And among this. Sometimes I need to transcode mp3-files to wav-files with high frequency (to make an audio-CD from mp3s). Can you also copy that frequency switch to the front panel from the “deep” settings?

I wll add some common audio settings to the front panel.
To do resample, I suggest you use MPlayer's resampling filter, instead of Shibatch's, though the latter has better quality, the integration of it is not very good. I'm trying to improve this.

6. I can see the estimated size of the output file DURING the transcoding. I know that it’s just an estimating but can I see it anyway BEFORE the process? In that case I can control if my current settings will make a file greater then the source file was. Otherwise I will know this fact after the process was started already.

Good idea!

When I intend to transcode a movie, I think a lot about what bitrate should I set to get a suitable quality and a minimal size. And POCKETDIVXENCODER allow to preview what a result will be with the bitrate I have set. It selects a short piece of file, 10-20 seconds long, transcode it within 1-2 minutes and displays a result. So, I can see it after 2 minutes instead of 2 hours transcoding time of the whole file. In your soft I have found a “preview transcoded file” option but it does nothing.

Actually you can transcode only part of your video with MediaCoder, but not so convenient, by specifying length to encode at Settings -> Overall -> Decoding Options -> Duration (in seconds).

Also, in that program when I want to crop a frame, program shows me a frame and four sliders. I can move every slider and see in realtime what left/right/upper/downer part of frame will be cropped. It’s convenient. But if it is hard to do in your soft, can you add to the window where mplayer plays a file, two scales – at the right and upper side of a frame? Than I can at least approximately estimate what is the width in picsels of upper and downer black stripes on the frame.

There is such thing in the latest version, which I called "Easy Cropper", since build 16xx. I have really spent lots of efforts to implement it.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions, though to some of them I may not have enough time to implement at the moment.

Reply #597
Hi,

I've tried using Medacoder to convert my collection of 2000 .ogg music I want to convert to MP4 for ipod use.

When I added my music folder, the began listing the files went up to ~99 music files the GUI froze up (Not responding), Tag.exe was stopping and starting in the background.

I tried moving half and then 3/4 of my music out of the directory. At 1/4, it stopped responding for a minute and then started working again.

What can I do to troubleshoot and fix this?
Will mediacoder convert the Tagging correctly? If not, how should I do it?
Will Nero's encoder the best for my use?

Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374361"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Other users have ever reported this issue. As this is really difficult to debug, as it happens after a quite long time. I guess there is a bug somewhere in the program.
I think currently the best AAC encoder is CT's aacPlus encoder from Winamp 5.20, which MediaCoder supports, but not includes.

EDIT: spell

Reply #598
Hey Optimus,
First off, let me say thanks for such an awesome open source program. I have two open source programs myself, and I love to see others who help the open source cause. At the same time, I know what a hassle it can be to constantly support them, so I tried as hard as I could to figure this out without involving you. I just don't understand the lingo- so if you help me with this I'd be glad to donate a few bucks. All I am trying to do is convert an MOV file into an mpeg or avi, or anything that is smaller and will still keep the audio and video quality reasonable. I have the file added into the program, but I have no idea what to do from there. Can you help me?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374126"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

First, please try selecting the file in the list and clicking Play button to see if your file can be played. If it does, Just leave all the settings default and it should do the work. You can adjust the video bit rate and audio quality to make your file smaller.

Reply #599
Actually you can transcode only part of your video with MediaCoder, but not so convenient, by specifying length to encode at Settings -> Overall -> Decoding Options -> Duration (in seconds).

But it's not  to be done by one click you know  There are many lazy users.

There is such thing in the latest version, which I called "Easy Cropper", since build 16xx. I have really spent lots of efforts to implement it.

Are you sure? I have build 1608, have looked it through and have not found such an option.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions, though to some of them I may not have enough time to implement at the moment.

You're very welcome.
Also, I can try to upload to your FTP that program I have ment above, PocketDivXEncoder. It is a freeware distributed under the GPL licence, consists of just one 6,7 Mb file and can be run without installation. I said “try” to upload because of my unstable internet connection. And you will be able to take a look on it and maybe will have some new ideas.