Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 392014 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #100
've just tested with menc.dat u sent me. Everthing is smooth. At this time I still cannot figure out what's going wrong on your system. I will try testing MEnc on more systems to see if there is the same problem.

Helix works but I specifically wanted PS at 24 kbps. 

Reply #101
've just tested with menc.dat u sent me. Everthing is smooth. At this time I still cannot figure out what's going wrong on your system. I will try testing MEnc on more systems to see if there is the same problem.

Cheers to you Stanley! The new version 0.2.7 build 81 works. At least the encoding has started. I hope it gets completed.

I am encoding a 16-bit wav to aacplus v2 ps at 24 kbps but I cannot see the progress bar. It is still showing Encoding in MEnc.exe while in the Console Window it shows Winamp Encoder plugin closed. It has opened earlier. So is it still encoding because this has taken a lot of time?

Reply #102
Cheers to you Stanley! The new version 0.2.7 build 81 works. At least the encoding has started. I hope it gets completed.

I am encoding a 16-bit wav to aacplus v2 ps at 24 kbps but I cannot see the progress bar. It is still showing Encoding in MEnc.exe while in the Console Window it shows Winamp Encoder plugin closed. It has opened earlier. So is it still encoding because this has taken a lot of time?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The progress bar only works when using Winamp input plugins as decoder, as I haven't yet found a way to retrieve file playback length from MPlayer.
When u see "Winamp Encoder plugin closed", and the pos/bytes no longer increase, the encoding has completed.

Just released [a href="http://cosoft.org.cn/download.php?g_u_n=menc&f=menc-0.2.7-build87.zip&file_id=7047]build87[/url], fixed the output paths bug revealed by noisehole, fixed a bug in mp4 file generating, and added a configuration window for Winamp plugins (to open it, choose "Winamp input plugins" as decoder and click the button beside).

Reply #103
winamp decoders are beeing used now, but im afraid the ouput path bug is still there

EDIT:
nice to have 2 decoder options, ive a mp3file that seems to be broken/incomplete and decoding it with mplayer hangs at the end of the file while decoding it with winamp plugins works just fine

transcoding 12 mp3s using mplayer takes 1:12 and winamp 1:24

Reply #104
Ok I tested with three or four files aacplus v2 encoding. The encoding is saying completed but the final aac file is 0 kb. Am I the condemned one to use MEnc? 

Reply #105
Is there any way live audio AAC+ 3GPP streams can be created with these tools?

Or only batch processed output?

Reply #106

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330825"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What utility or encoder can produce this kind of file?

Reply #107

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What utility or encoder can produce this kind of file?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330859"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the  OPTICODEC-PC  does.
[a href="http://www.orban.com/orban/products/codec/index.html]http://www.orban.com/orban/products/codec/index.html[/url]

don't know  how to implement it.

the oddsock plugin can stream in aac format but just support faac.
http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3/

Reply #108
Hey Optimus, this is really nice little app you got here man.  I saw this awhile back, but there was some other proggie that someone had made to convert to he-aac v2 before this one(via Winamp plugin). 

Anyway, glad I tried it out.  Really like you have vid encoding implemented as well.

Thanks for the hard work.

Oh yea, one question. 

You said when using mp4box to pack .aac in mp4 container that it wasn't putting PS info in correctly.  Is this just a tag that isn't showing up right or is the PS data actually not being packed into the mp4 container(to clarify, is the PS data stripped out)?

One other thing.

Someone in another post was talking about another way to pack into mp4 container.  I didn't quiet understand what the person was talking about, but is this solution automated in your app?  Think it had to do with some Winamp plugin. 

Pretty much is there a work around if indeed mp4box is corrupting or stripping the file of PS data before putting into mp4 container?

Reply #109
You said when using mp4box to pack .aac in mp4 container that it wasn't putting PS info in correctly.  Is this just a tag that isn't showing up right or is the PS data actually not being packed into the mp4 container(to clarify, is the PS data stripped out)?

This issue no longer exists with the latest version of mp4box as well as the mp4box included in the powerpack.

Someone in another post was talking about another way to pack into mp4 container.  I didn't quiet understand what the person was talking about, but is this solution automated in your app?  Think it had to do with some Winamp plugin. 

Pretty much is there a work around if indeed mp4box is corrupting or stripping the file of PS data before putting into mp4 container?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330988"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is a working way, but I've not implemented interface with foobar components in my program and mp4box is the only MP4 container utility with CLI I know about up to now.

Reply #110
Does menc support AAC (and aac+ / aac++) cutting?

If not is very difficult to implement this function?

Because i searched but i didn ' t find aac cutter with cue support.

Reply #111
Does menc support AAC (and aac+ / aac++) cutting?

If not is very difficult to implement this function?

Because i searched but i didn ' t find aac cutter with cue support.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cutting is not difficult to implement. After I look into cue file format, I will add cutting and cue support.

Just added WavPack support. Thanks for bryant's info. [a href="http://cosoft.org.cn/download.php?g_u_n=menc&f=MEnc-0.2.7-PowerPack.exe&file_id=7046]MEnc 0.2.7 PowerPack[/url] is updated to include wavpack encoder.

Reply #112
Some mighty impressive tool you're coming up with there, mister...

Thanks.

Reply #113
Buggy packaging again... If u just downloaded in 10 minutes from now, please re-download.  Sorry for my carelessness. Sometimes I'm just too excited to release.

Reply #114

This issue no longer exists with the latest version of mp4box as well as the mp4box included in the powerpack.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330988"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is a working way, but I've not implemented interface with foobar components in my program and mp4box is the only MP4 container utility with CLI I know about up to now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331011"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for quick response.

I hope you will have the time to keep moving this project forward, looks like it has alot of potential(actually, already very good).

There are 2 things I noticed.  One is that for some reason when you select Resample in the Audio Filters that it isn't resampling to 44,1000 Hz(it stays at 48khz, atleast with he-aac .v2).  The other is a minor visual quark, it doesn't even mater to me personally, but just thought I would say something about it.  On the AAC+V2 config tab on right side, if you notice the slider control is being clipped a little.  I'm sure you know all ya have to do is move it up a little and the label above to balance it back out visually.

BTW, it isn't a problem in the Winamp Plugin.  I can resample fine to 44khz, with foobar that uses the Winamp Plugin.  If bitwise there is no difference between 44khz and 48khz, then I don't guess it really matters.  Just didn't know if I was wasting some bits by leaving it at that high response(I know I couldn't tell between the 2, audiably).

Reply #115
There are 2 things I noticed.  One is that for some reason when you select Resample in the Audio Filters that it isn't resampling to 44,1000 Hz(it stays at 48khz, atleast with he-aac .v2).  The other is a minor visual quark, it doesn't even mater to me personally, but just thought I would say something about it.  On the AAC+V2 config tab on right side, if you notice the slider control is being clipped a little.  I'm sure you know all ya have to do is move it up a little and the label above to balance it back out visually.

Audio filters are only usable when using MPlayer as audio decoder, as it's provided by MPlayer. Later I will add Winamp DSP support on both audio decoders.
And the GUI issue, thanks for reminding.

Reply #116
Hi, optimus 你好~

I am trying to convert mp3 to aac, but the tag in mp3 isn't transfer to aac file.  I am just curious if MENC support that?

Reply #117
Optimus, please please help. Now it says it is encoding and I also get the message encoding completed but the aac output file shows 0 kbps. I don't know why this is happening. It takes it's time while encoding and says encoding completed still I don't get the file. Of course some times is gives the same error: "Error starting encoder".

Reply #118
Hi, optimus 你好~

I am trying to convert mp3 to aac, but the tag in mp3 isn't transfer to aac file.  I am just curious if MENC support that?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331223"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

你好啊 
Tagging is to be implemented in the next steps, as it's a really handy function and isn't difficult to implement.

Reply #119
Optimus, please please help. Now it says it is encoding and I also get the message encoding completed but the aac output file shows 0 kbps. I don't know why this is happening. It takes it's time while encoding and says encoding completed still I don't get the file. Of course some times is gives the same error: "Error starting encoder".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331481"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What decoder and encoder r u using and what type of file are transcoding?

Reply #120
Is it possible to have this tool hosted in Rarewares? Maybe it's just me, but I seem to be having trouble downloading from the cosoft.org address. Thanks.
WavPack 4.31 / LAME 3.98 alpha 3 -V9 -vbr-new

Reply #121
Is it possible to have this tool hosted in Rarewares? Maybe it's just me, but I seem to be having trouble downloading from the cosoft.org address. Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=332282"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would like to, but how?
At this time, u may try downloading from the mirror site.

btw to all: tag transferring is under development after i found some really useful stuff 

Reply #122
Tag transferring finally come to work. All supported audio formats can be automatically tagged now. The PowerPack 0.2.7 is updated. Please download and try.

Reply #123
Hi,

how do I enable subtitles with your patched mplayer ?

With so called G.Tiesi build, everything works out of the box:
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php

Reply #124
Hi,

how do I enable subtitles with your patched mplayer ?

With so called G.Tiesi build, everything works out of the box:
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=332601"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Add "-slang en" (en can be any other language short name) in "Preference" -> "Utilities" -> "Extra MPlayer Options"