Topic: wavpack 4.22 Out (Read 11012 times) previous topic - next topic

wavpack 4.22 Out

--------------------------
                        Update - September 1, 2005

wavpack.exe (command-line encoder) - 4.22
cool_wv4.flt (CoolEdit / Audition filter) - 2.5
-----------------------------------------------
  fixed: possible corrupt files written (24 or 32-bit + "extra" mode)

Download wavpack-4.22
It's My Life,
It's Now Or Never,
I Ain't Gonna Live Forever,
I Just Want To Live While I'm Alive.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #1
Cheers.

Nice to see the problem addressed so swiftly. Good work and thanks to Bryant and Kazuma for reporting.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']edit: I think file should be renamed wavpack-4.22.zip as opposed to wavpack-4.2.zip[/span]
daefeatures.co.uk

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #2
Thank You!

Clowns love haircuts; so should Lee Marvin's valet.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #3
Have compression ratios or encoding/decoding speed been improved ?

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #4
                        Update - September 1, 2005

wavpack.exe (command-line encoder) - 4.22
cool_wv4.flt (CoolEdit / Audition filter) - 2.5
-----------------------------------------------
  fixed: possible corrupt files written (24 or 32-bit + "extra" mode)

Download wavpack-4.22
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That link is for WavPack 4.2... David has allready given the link for wavpack.exe 4.22 + CoolEdit / Audition filter on the thread where the problem where discussed, and he has said that if it works out fine for people he will update the binaries on the WavPack site...

Thread where issue is discussed :

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36535]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=36535[/url]

-Martin.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #5
Have compression ratios or encoding/decoding speed been improved ?
No, it's just a fix for the specific issue Martin H mentioned.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #6
That link is for WavPack 4.2...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325042"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The zip file says 4.2, but it's actually 4.22 that is in there. I just checked.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #7

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325075"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry for the confusion on this! I did update the standard WavPack release files because I would like people to start using the new version ASAP. I didn't rename the .zip file because several outside sites link directly to the zip file and I want them to update too (I got almost 2800 downloads of wavpack.zip in August and I haven't used that name for years, but I keep it updated!)

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #8
Decoder hasn't changed i take it ? No need to update our CoreWavpack DShow decoder filters ?

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #9
Decoder hasn't changed i take it ? No need to update our CoreWavpack DShow decoder filters ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325088"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not yet. The actual overflow here did happen in the decoder (and that will be fixed next release) but I was able to prevent the "extra" mode from generating frames that would cause the error. When I release a new decoder an update would be nice, but it's certainly not a priority because offending files should be virtually non-existent.

BTW, thanks to you and Toff and the other Matroskers for all your continuing support. It was great to play these 5.1/24/96 WavPack test files in WMP! 

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #10

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325075"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmm... Before i wrote that it was the wrong version i had first downloaded the package from the link, and then run wavpack.exe on the commandline to check the version number and it said v4.2 and the date was from 2005-04-02... I have just downloaded the package again and tested it again, and the same thing happens... But, anyways, David has confirmed it, so i apologise for my mistake...

-Martin.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #11
hmm... Before i wrote that it was the wrong version i had first downloaded the package from the link, and then run wavpack.exe on the commandline to check the version number and it said v4.2 and the date was from 2005-04-02... I have just downloaded the package again and tested it again, and the same thing happens... But, anyways, David has confirmed it, so i apologise for my mistake...

-Martin.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325284"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You should probably empty all cache and such before redownloading. Firefox usually gives you old files if you don't empty cache and downloads first, and the same goes to other browsers AFAIK.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #12
You should probably empty all cache and such before redownloading. Firefox usually gives you old files if you don't empty cache and downloads first, and the same goes to other browsers AFAIK.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325286"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you very much Mr_Rabid_Teddybear... I have just emptyed my cache in firefox, and tryed again, and this time it showed v4.22... Sorry everyone for posting wrong info...

-Martin.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #13
(I got almost 2800 downloads of wavpack.zip in August and I haven't used that name for years, but I keep it updated!)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325081"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Remind me to teach you about how to use Apache's mod_rewrite functions

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #14
I've found a (more or less) bug in wavpack if you use it with a non-standard command line window width.
After the encoding it keeps scrollig endlessly, it seems to output an infinite amount of eol's.

I always set my command line window to a very large width, because several command line utils make use of it.

It's probably 1min work to fix it

BTW: used v4.22.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #15
I've found a (more or less) bug in wavpack if you use it with a non-standard command line window width.
After the encoding it keeps scrollig endlessly, it seems to output an infinite amount of eol's.

I always set my command line window to a very large width, because several command line utils make use of it.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, I have heard about this a couple times, but have never been able to reproduce it. If I again fail to reproduce it, maybe you can help me track it down?

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #16

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, I have heard about this a couple times, but have never been able to reproduce it. If I again fail to reproduce it, maybe you can help me track it down?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325587"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Weird, made my own build from the sources and no problem now ?

The build is also a bit faster (compiled with Intel 9) for my pc (Pentium4), I've should have done this earlier

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #17
Weird, made my own build from the sources and no problem now ?

The build is also a bit faster (compiled with Intel 9) for my pc (Pentium4), I've should have done this earlier
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325699"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, this is a weird problem. It's very similar to a problem that Josh found a long time ago that had to do (I think) with cygwin. That was fixed (and it was a bug in the screen handler somewhere), but obviously something is still going on. I tried again to reproduce it so I can fix it easily here, but still could not.

What size window exactly are you using (screen and window)? Is there anything else I should know about your setup (the other user said it was XP)?

Maybe I should just buy a newer compiler, but I love VC++ 6 so!! 

Thanks...

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #18
Yeah, this is a weird problem. It's very similar to a problem that Josh found a long time ago that had to do (I think) with cygwin. That was fixed (and it was a bug in the screen handler somewhere), but obviously something is still going on. I tried again to reproduce it so I can fix it easily here, but still could not.

What size window exactly are you using (screen and window)? Is there anything else I should know about your setup (the other user said it was XP)?

Maybe I should just buy a newer compiler, but I love VC++ 6 so!! 

Thanks...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use WinXP SP1.

Screen Buffer Size - Width: 196
Screen Buffer Size - Height: 9999
Window Size - Width: 196
Window Size - Height: 92

I'm working at resolution 1600x1200.

BTW: you can try a tial version of Intel 9 it integrates perfectly with VC++.

If you would like it I could put an intel build at my website between the other builds of open source compressors.

[a href="http://studwww.ugent.be/~jdebock/win32_compressor_builds.htm]http://studwww.ugent.be/~jdebock/win32_compressor_builds.htm[/url]

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #19
>Maybe I should just buy a newer compiler, but I love VC++ 6 so!!

Same here, waiting for VS 2005 (November?) with native 64 bit compiler before jumping ship.

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #20
Screen Buffer Size - Width: 196
Screen Buffer Size - Height: 9999
Window Size - Width: 196
Window Size - Height: 92
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325981"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahh, that does it!

Now I can reproduce the problem easily, but I can't read a thing. If a moth lands on my screen it eclipses a whole paragraph... 

It'll be fixed for 4.3. Thanks again!

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #21
>Maybe I should just buy a newer compiler, but I love VC++ 6 so!!

Same here, waiting for VS 2005 (November?) with native 64 bit compiler before jumping ship.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325986"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, sounds interesting. Maybe we can go in 50-50 on a copy!   

wavpack 4.22 Out

Reply #22
It'll be fixed for 4.3. Thanks again!

Nice, thanks.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020