Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2 Pass Xvid encode with VirtualDub-MPEG2 (Read 5021 times) previous topic - next topic

2 Pass Xvid encode with VirtualDub-MPEG2

Hi there,

Newbie question coming up...

I need a bit of advice that I couldn't find on the doom9 guide. I'm doing some clean up and re-encoding of some mpeg2 using vdub-mpeg2 1.6 (latest stable). I am re-encoding as 2 pass xvid at about 1300kbs. Simply I need to know if vdub has to do its processing (filters to clean up the footage a bit), on BOTH passes, or can I set fast or normal processing for the 2nd pass, as I'm presuming the cleaned up 1st pass is what xvid uses for the 2nd pass??

Another thing, how can I re-encode the audio as ogg?

--Jon

2 Pass Xvid encode with VirtualDub-MPEG2

Reply #1
I need a bit of advice that I couldn't find on the doom9 guide. I'm doing some clean up and re-encoding of some mpeg2 using vdub-mpeg2 1.6 (latest stable). I am re-encoding as 2 pass xvid at about 1300kbs. Simply I need to know if vdub has to do its processing (filters to clean up the footage a bit), on BOTH passes, or can I set fast or normal processing for the 2nd pass, as I'm presuming the cleaned up 1st pass is what xvid uses for the 2nd pass??
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You have to apply the filters on both passes. But you could also apply the filters and save with Huffyuv and then do the 2 passes on that. That way you can save some time, but you'll need lots of free space.

Another thing, how can I re-encode the audio as ogg?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://rarewares.org/ogg.html]oggdropXPd[/url], for example.