Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 2 Vs Winamp 3 (Read 13720 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 2 Vs Winamp 3

Reply #50
Winamp 2x Plugin Manager allows you to use Winamp 2 general (like mp3cue) and DSP plugins with Winamp 3

Winamp 2 Vs Winamp 3

Reply #51
Is the plugin manager avail at the Winamp web site or elsewhere?  Might you tell us a bit more, please?  Inquiring minds want to know..

Winamp 2 Vs Winamp 3

Reply #53
Honestly, with one of the compact skins, Winamp takes about 10MB on my system. Winamp2 takes around 5.

Damn, my wa2 takes 20M out of RAM... Just checked.
Oh, maybe it's because i use that 'improve core performance', which doesn't allow progs to load themselves into swap...
Not gonna install wa3 to see how much it eats. I've tried couple of times from alpha666 to final and every time it was sort of bad trip.
Seems overcomplicated to me and this isn't right way for freeware audio player (should i say aolware). In the end of this way we gonna get another wmp, right?
Personally i'm looking for (relative) simplicity, functionality and universality (where's my cpellchecker  ).
Well if i need videoplayback functionality in winamp that bad, there are some plugins for wa2. I have even used really nice one for a while, and it did its job.
So at the moment wa3 still can't offer anything wa2 can't do and right now it's not really 'versus', it is more like 'maybe someday'.

Well, one thing i gonna miss though, namely Unicode support. Still i doubt it's impossible to implement in wa2.