Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: help for a beginner (Read 4572 times) previous topic - next topic

help for a beginner

Hello,
I wonder if someone could help me with this?!

On my motherboard I have a intergrated soundcard (AC97).
It supports 5.1 sound. Is there any way to have 2 instances of winamp (or other player) and let the first play through "line out front" and the second instance to play out through "line out rear". I know I can have 2 separate soundcards but I would prefer not.

Hope you understand what I meen, my english isn´t that good.

Best regards
Nisse

help for a beginner

Reply #1
Hello,

It supports 5.1 sound. Is there any way to have 2 instances of winamp (or other player) and let the first play through "line out front" and the second instance to play out through "line out rear". I know I can have 2 separate soundcards but I would prefer not.

Best regards
Nisse
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322747"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm I doubt you could do it without a software mixer of some sort. And that mixer would have to have been written with this in mind.
Sorry I can't be more help, but I do not think this can work. Anyone more experienced in this?

help for a beginner

Reply #2
with 2 soundcards you could go to preferences -> options and click "allow multiple instances" and save.

Start another instance of winamp and go to preferences, plugins, select directsound or waveout plugin (depending on your choice) and on the drop down list select the other sound card.

As for doing it with only one soundcard I have no idea.

help for a beginner

Reply #3
Hello,

Best regards
Nisse
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322747"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think this is possible - AFAIK the rear speakers are processed from the front ones not separate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

help for a beginner

Reply #5
I wonder if this is possible with foobar2000's channel mapper plugin.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322987"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This would easily be possible if you could run multiple instances of foobar. But AFAIK you can not. You can work around this by installing another foobar into a different directory and using the "move stereo to rear channels" dsp. I just did a quick test: it seems to work.

help for a beginner

Reply #6
Kx drivers and winamp should work, too.  One winamp to 0/1, one to 6/7.  You can even add another to 2/3 i think.

help for a beginner

Reply #7
Kx drivers and winamp should work, too.  One winamp to 0/1, one to 6/7.  You can even add another to 2/3 i think.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323015"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ok...
I´m a beginner...  :-)
What is Kx drivers
where can i get it and is there anything special I should think about when installting and cofiguring this?

/Nisse