Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Extract MP3 from WAV (Read 6259 times) previous topic - next topic

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #1
CDex can do that. The function is somewhere in a sub-menu.

Edit:
I just installed Cdex, to be sure. I usually don't use it.

The function you are looking for is in the Menu: Convert -> Strip the RIFF-WAV header(s) from MP2 or MP3 file(s).

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #2
I use CDEX to rip to FLAC. Now I am stuck. How excatly do you use CDEX to convert FLAC to MP3, please? It only seems to use WAV!
Thanks.

Hi!
Are there any tools which will extract an MP3 stream from a WAV container?
Regards,
Sebastian
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322360"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #3
... How exactly do you use CDEX to convert FLAC to MP3, please?...

I don't know. I guess this is not possible using CDex.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #4
Google for "WaveMP3". It'll do it. Very simple program.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #6
Google for "WaveMP3". It'll do it. Very simple program.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://videoripper.cjb.net]http://videoripper.cjb.net[/url]
http://wavemp3.videoripper.org/download/wavemp3.zip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322410"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doesn't that convert a plain MP3 to WAV (aka wrap an MP3 into a WAV container)? I need it vice versa.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #7
A tool that converts MP3 files to a MP3 encoded WAV (not a PCM encoded WAV - the converted file still needs a MP3 codec to be installed for playback), and also from a MP3 encoded WAV back to a MP3.

it is what you are looking for

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #8
Using CDeX from here http://www.rarewares.org/others.html I was able to rip to FLAC, convert FLAC to mp3 with no other downloads. Use Convert/Re-encode Compressed Audio File(s)
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #9
Doesn't that convert a plain MP3 to WAV (aka wrap an MP3 into a WAV container)? I need it vice versa.

clicking the Wave button will put the wav header on it

clicking the Strip button will remove the wav header making it an mp3 again.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #11
why the hell would you put an mp3 in a .wav container/header? That's almost as bad as AVC+AAC in .avi!

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #12
why the hell would you put an mp3 in a .wav container/header? That's almost as bad as AVC+AAC in .avi!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am wondering why people simply post stuff without reading the topic.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #13
...as his name suggests, he's probably just OUT OF THE LOOP

eheh
i couldn't resist
later

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #14
Yes i know he wants to extract it, I'm just wondering why/how it got like that in the first place.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #15
Yes i know he wants to extract it, I'm just wondering why/how it got like that in the first place.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322668"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, then "why the hell would one put an mp3 in a .wav container/header?" would've been better.

No idea, I guy from the Invision Power Services forum had that problem.

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #16
Hi - somewhat desperately need one more tip:
I use Convert/Re-encode - try to choose the folder with all the flac files - but none will appear in the window to select.

Of course first of all I change the Settings from External encoder (when I used the flac encoder) to Lame (as I normally use when ripping straight to mp3)

Why wont the flac files appear? Thanks...

Using CDeX from here http://www.rarewares.org/others.html I was able to rip to FLAC, convert FLAC to mp3 with no other downloads. Use Convert/Re-encode Compressed Audio File(s)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322453"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Extract MP3 from WAV

Reply #17
why the hell would one put an mp3 in a .wav container/header? [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322759"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

why the hell would you put an mp3 in a .wav container/header? [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=322668"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If Windows has a native mp3 decoder (or an installed ACM, I think), then you can use an mp3 packaged as a wav as automated sounds as part of Windows' regular running - these can be set through "sounds and multimedia" in the Control Panel. I've done this before.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320