Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Index Tags (Read 2127 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Index Tags

One of the cool things about the redbook audio cd is support for idexes within tracks. It would like to see ogg players and tags that allow for track indexes. No, format I know of currently handles indexes but they are a very cool feature.

IMHO this is how indexes should be handled...........

When you rip a cd you extract tracks with append gaps to next track, (and extract with cue sheet) eg....

track 2 has a index 0, index 1 starts at :34
track is extracted and starts with index 0 which runs for 34 seconds of a singer introducing a song at a live performance, then index 1 plays.

(Since index 0 belongs to track 2 and not 1, It doesnt make any sense to me to append this gap to track 1)

The ogg encoder uses the index data from the cue sheet to tag ogg files with the apropriate index info.......

Now the ogg player should handle indexes just like most cd players do. Also it would be nice to be able to specify which index in a song plays eg................

the last track on incubus's Morning View (Aqueous Transmission) has a minute of crickets chiping at the end of the song. Rather that chop this off in a wave editor I would just like to use indexes...........

Aqueous Transmission index01 (the music) index02 (the cricket chirping)
this way if I only specify I want to play index 1 I just hear the song, (the cricket chirping at the end of the song is index 2) and doesn't get played because I specified just index 1 should be played.

I hope this makes sense  B)
"I have learned a lesson from the lessons I have learned"