Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hebrew and Russian filenames (Read 2550 times) previous topic - next topic

Hebrew and Russian filenames

I have MP3 file with different filenames. Some one English, some one hebrew and some on Russian.
In playlist English filenames shows fine but Russian and hebrew wont show.
Instead I get alot of trash.
They DO play but I cant know the filename (or the TAG info)
Please help me out

Reply #1
Are you sure you are using a font that contains the relevant Unicode characters for the playlist? Try Lucida Sans Unicode or Arial Unicode MS, if you have them.

Reply #2
Are you sure you are using a font that contains the relevant Unicode characters for the playlist? Try Lucida Sans Unicode or Arial Unicode MS, if you have them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=319280"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, I tried both (in default UI and in Column) and NOTHING

Reply #3
I'm guessing that the MP3 tags that are written to the file are not written correctly (they are non-standard).  There is a way to have foobar re-write them correctly, but I do not have foobar on me now to be sure of what I'm saying, so make sure you test this out on a small umber of files before doing your whole collection.

1.  Go to the ID3v2 component preferences.
2.  Check the option that says it's non standard.
3.  Re-load information from MP3 files.  At this point they should display correctly.  If they do not, do not continue further.
4.  Go to the standard inputs preferences page.
5.  Change the MP3 tag type to ID3v1 + APEv2.  Check "Remove ID3v2" if available.
6.  Right click on files and "Rewrite tags from database".
7.  Go to the ID3v2 component preferences.
8.  Un-Check the option that says it's non standard. 
9.  Go to the standard inputs preferences page.
10.  Change the MP3 tag type to ID3v1 + ID3v2.
11.  Right click on files and "Rewrite tags from database".

That should be it.  Try it on one or two files first.  I can't guarantee that it will work.

Reply #4
Oddly enough, My hebrew tagged files work fine. Though, they were not tagged in foobar itself, and the files could have been tagged in a better way before-hand. They do display fine, though, with the correct unicode font (or any font that has that charset).

Try re-tagging them in a different application first and see what happens (i use mp3tag sometimes).