Skip to main content

Topic: Setting of APEv2 tag (Read 3609 times) previous topic - next topic

• abchk
  • [*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Ok, I'm using foobar2000 0.8.3.  I was finding the tag format which best fit my need. After an hour searching from this forum, I decided to use ID3v1+APEv2.

I recognized that there is two method to write APEv2, one is writing the tag at the beginning of the file, other is at the end. But I can't find any setting of APEv2 tag in foobar2000. Anyone can help? Thx!

• Defsac
  • [*][*][*][*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #1
I recognized that there is two method to write APEv2, one is writing the tag at the beginning of the file, other is at the end. But I can't find any setting of APEv2 tag in foobar2000. Anyone can help? Thx!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317310"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right click the file(s) and click 'Properties'. In the Metadata panel click the 'Add new' button then choose a field name from the drop down box and enter a value for it.

• abchk
  • [*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #2
Right click the file(s) and click 'Properties'. In the Metadata panel click the 'Add new' button then choose a field name from the drop down box and enter a value for it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317312"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am using this way to write APEv2 tag, but i am not sure it writes the info at the start or at the end of the mp3 file.

• Defsac
  • [*][*][*][*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #3
I am using this way to write APEv2 tag, but i am not sure it writes the info at the start or at the end of the mp3 file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=317313"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a feeling it writes the APEv2 tag to the end, but I've asked in #foobar2000 on Freenode to cofirm.

Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #4
APEv2 is always written at the end of a file.

Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #5
I recognized that there is two method to write APEv2, one is writing the tag at the beginning of the file, other is at the end.

Bullshit. The only tag which can be written at the beginning or at the end is ID3v2.4.
  • Last Edit: 02 August, 2005, 04:40:38 AM by Sebastian Mares

• abchk
  • [*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #6
OK, thanks everyone

• foosion
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Setting of APEv2 tag
Reply #7
Bullshit. The only tag which can be written at the beginning or at the end is ID3v2.4.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is not true, see [a href="http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=APEv2_specification]APEv2 specification[/url] in the HA wiki and Basic Components of a SV8 Stream from the Musepack SV8 proposal. While it is possible to write APEv2 in the beginning of a file, I don't know of any software that supports this (and Musepack SV8 is yet to come).
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000