Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: libMatroska for Delphi ? (Read 6171 times) previous topic - next topic

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Well, I finally figured out how to embed Vorbis in Matroska, right now I'm converting all my music. It's a long job, but it's worth it:

Now it looks like my real CD collection ! But as I'm also a Delphi developer, I'd like to make a "better" Matroska explorer (tracklist, embedded covers, etc). I have searched over the Internet, but I haven't found any Matroska lib for Delphi. Does someone among you know if such a library already exists ? I thought of converting the C headers to Delphi units and linking the whole stuff to libMatroska.dll and libebml.dll, but it'd be a harrassing work...

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Reply #1
There is some Delphi code to read matroska files in Toff's tool matroskadiag.exe IIRC. It should be in matroska SVN. I will also try to send Toff to this thread, maybe he can help you with that.

Christian
matroska project admin

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Reply #2
There is some Delphi code to deal with Matroska files in MatroskaDiag.
The Matroska Parser is not complete (it doesn't parse clusters) but
it's good if you want to get info on a Matroska file.

You can find the sources here :

http://www.matroska.org/~toff/MatroskaDiag_20050730_src.rar

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Reply #3
Well, thanks alot for the fast reply, I'll take a deeper look at this after work tonight, and certainly post some comments back here.

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Reply #4
It looks impressive. Do you plan to share what you did ? You could even host your project on matroska.org or corecodec.org.

Your theme is stange (and french ), are you using a theme on XP ? Do you display a small icon in the Liste view ?

libMatroska for Delphi ?

Reply #5
Of course I'll share

Yeah, my theme is French -- I'm French after all... the theme I currently use is called "System5" (usually, I use FlyakiteOSX).

For the albums, I have scanned an empty CD case, and I wrote a program that turns any jpg to this kind of cover (it's just a background, the cover resized, a transparent white layer for the reflections, and a transparent black layer for the shadow on the left of the cover). Embedding the "cover.jpg" in the Matroska allows this kind of trick ; so for now the List view only shows the "classic" Matroska icon. That's why I want to develop a Matroska explorer

[Edit]
I've posted my CD-Case-maker : http://rheuh.free.fr/cdcase.rar
In the archive is cdCase.exe ; just call cdcase.exe <any-jpeg-file> and it will output "cover.jpg" in the same folder as the input file. No options for now, I'm currently writing the next version