Skip to main content

Topic: How to buy in USA, from foreign countries? (Read 2344 times) previous topic - next topic

• kwanbis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
How to buy in USA, from foreign countries?
I live in argentina, and i have a friend that lives in USA (miami). I want him to bring me a Camera, and want to pay from here, using my VISA or AMEX (or paypal). I don't want him to go to bestbuy, and/or circuit city, cause the diference in price is too high against places like COMP-U-PLUS (more like 100 dollars). So,

1) Anyone knows a place that allows internationall cards?
2) Anyone knows a place in miami to buy digital cameras at good prices?

Thanks.

• boojum
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Members (Donating)
Reply #1
I would think that buying from a reputable US dealer on-line would be the best bet.  Pay for it with your credit card and have it delivered in Miami.  I am sure it will be declared upon entry into Argentina.   
Nov schmoz kapop.

• kwanbis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #2
problem is that they don't accept internation cards ...

• boojum
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Members (Donating)
Reply #3
That is strange as I have ordered stuff on-line from Germany with a US card no problem.  Have you tried the stores seen in Yahoo??     
Nov schmoz kapop.

• Sunhillow
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Members (Donating)
Reply #4
In germany paypal offers payment via bank transfer to an account at a german bank, have a look if this is possible in agentina too.

• Brink
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #5
You have to look for taxes in your country too if you want to recieve products by mail (not your case i I understood). At least in brazil, if the package isnt informed correctly as a gift (like messages "hi brother, this is the mp3 player I dont use anymore" to "fool" or at least try to convince the federal agents) the price is increased by 100% or more.

Th paypal suggestion is a good one, though.
Alguém pare o mundo que eu quero descer!!

• kwanbis
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer (Donating)
Reply #6
i have found:

http://www.jr.com/
http://www.adorama.com/

they both accept international orders delivered to usa ... sadly jr seems to suffer some glitch, but adorama was 2 dollars less