Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextor DAE speeds (Read 2244 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextor DAE speeds

Anyone know why my brand new (and lovely) Plextor PX-716SA can extract audio way faster than my older PX-W4824A? They are both rated as the same read speed as far as I can tell (upto 48x), but the 716 will extract at 20-30x, while the 4824 will only extract at 8-10x. Settings are the same on extraction for both (using PX-XL) - error detextion is on and speed read is off for both. I am not complaining, I would just like to know why.

Thx.

H.

Plextor DAE speeds

Reply #1
Anyone know why my brand new (and lovely) Plextor PX-716SA can extract audio way faster than my older PX-W4824A? They are both rated as the same read speed as far as I can tell (upto 48x), but the 716 will extract at 20-30x, while the 4824 will only extract at 8-10x. Settings are the same on extraction for both (using PX-XL) - error detextion is on and speed read is off for both. I am not complaining, I would just like to know why.

I have W4824A too and it rips a 20-30x.

Check if DMA is on.

Plextor DAE speeds

Reply #2
Thanks ... DMA was on in XL but not set in the device manager. Not sure that I am happy that it's sorted, or a tad hacked off that I have been extracting at less than half speed for over 2 years ... oh well ...

Thx.

H.

Plextor DAE speeds

Reply #3
wow.  i only dream of speeds that fast.  the lg in my laptop (the only drive ive ever tried eac on) has never ripped at more than 6x.  its usually in the 2x to 4x range!  i need a new drive bad...  sigh
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.