Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Recording Streams (Read 2945 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording Streams

Hi.

I want to be able to record radio streams with foobar.

Is there anyway Foobar can record a radio stream into separate files for each track (like screamer does?)

B

Recording Streams

Reply #1
I don't know if there's a way in fb2k to save individual tracks during recording, but...
In the HTTP Reader's settings there is an option to write a cue file. The large single file can then be split into individual tracks using the cue. To do that without transcoding (which, of course, degrades the quality), you would need to use non-destructive mp3 editing software like mp3DirectCut or musiCutter .

Recording Streams

Reply #2
I don't know if there's a way in fb2k to save individual tracks during recording, but...
In the HTTP Reader's settings there is an option to write a cue file. The large single file can then be split into individual tracks using the cue. To do that without transcoding (which, of course, degrades the quality), you would need to use non-destructive mp3 editing software like mp3DirectCut or musiCutter .
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305660"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used musiCutter for this, and it worked fine. But it changed my --aps rip info CBR versions of it, so it doesn't read as --aps anymore. Did I miss something?

Recording Streams

Reply #3
I used musiCutter for this, and it worked fine. But it changed my --aps rip info CBR versions of it, so it doesn't read as --aps anymore. Did I miss something?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305669"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The LAME header info doesn't carry over to the new files.
The same thing happens with mp3DirectCut.

Recording Streams

Reply #4
What we have is now two COLOSSALLY useless tools on our hands.