Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Free utility for objective video evaluation (Read 3886 times) previous topic - next topic

Free utility for objective video evaluation

Hello,

I have developed an application that allows you to evalute the effect of compression or filtering between two video files. If you would like to read about video evaluation, a source with more information is this article.

If you would like to get straight to the download and the usage instructions, visit this page. The application is distributed for free.

The documentation is not exactly rich at the moment, so feel free to ask any questions or post comments.

Good luck!

Reply #1
Video Quality Studio 0.3 was just released with support for MP4 and MKV files.

Get it at http://www.everwicked.com/vqstudio/.

Important: Do NOT use the XviD DirectShow decoder to decode MPEG-4 video because it has a bug that will bogus results! Use ffdshow or 3ivx instead!

Reply #3
hi everwicked!

nice tool

ever thought about implementing other quality evalutation methods too, like SSIM?
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #4
hi everwicked!

nice tool

ever thought about implementing other quality evalutation methods too, like SSIM?

I asked the same earlier, and he said it's in his to-do list.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
There's also the PDM Metric (Perceptual Distorsion Metric) that is supposed to be quite good. It has been tested on the VQEG set too, and been reported "better" than psnr. Want to implement it everwicked  ?

I haven't really searched it, but does this kind of stuff exist for audio too ? Any known "good" algorithms ?
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #6
No one interested by my evaluation methods?
I know it is in french, but you should be able to understand the slides.

Reply #7
I asked the same earlier, and he said it's in his to-do list.

yummie, would be great to have an all-in-one quality measurement tool, which includes all free available measurement ways (except the one from gabriel of course  )
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)

Reply #8
No one interested by my evaluation methods?
I know it is in french, but you should be able to understand the slides.

There are two problems:

1. As you said, it's in French. French is not franca lingua anymore and not many people understand it.

2. Requires IE to view, and can't download slides.

With these premises, did you expect anyone to read it?

Reply #9
1. As you said, it's in French. French is not franca lingua anymore and not many people understand it.
2. Requires IE to view, and can't download slides.

1 should not be such a problem, as most of the slides should be easy to understand.
2 is a real problem and should be addressed

Alternatively a quickly hacked win32 app is available here:
http://gabriel.mp3-tech.org/work/