Skip to main content

Topic: Creating CUE files from Audio CD's (Read 3717 times) previous topic - next topic

• adamc
  • [*]
Creating CUE files from Audio CD's
Hi,
I would like to create cue files of my audio CD's and was wondering what was the best package / utility to use? I have looked on the net for packages, but havn't had any joy -  your help would be appreciated. Cheers

• Last Edit: 07 June, 2005, 02:03:01 PM by adamc

• Synthetic Soul
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #1
The first thing that springs to mind is EAC.

Choose Action -> Create Cuesheet -> [whatever option suits you best] from the menu.

Mine always get saved to the folder specified in the "Directories" tab under "EAC Options" (EAC -> EAC Options... or F9)

Edit: You may also want to check the "Use CD-Text information in CUE sheet generation" checkbox on the "Tools" tab on the EAC Options dialogue.
  • Last Edit: 07 June, 2005, 03:16:58 PM by Synthetic Soul
I'm on a horse.

• adamc
  • [*]
Reply #2
Thanks for the prompt response, that sounds perfect

• tycho
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
What has always bugged me is the slow creation of cue sheets in EAC. I don't need those accurate pre-gaps, even if they are present on the CD.

I therefore downloaded CDex from the CVS (v1.60 beta 1), and added saving of cue-sheet automatically when saving partitial tracks. Also, the default name of such a paritial track is set to "Artist - Album", as opposed to "FirstTrackName (range)".  This makes it very simple to save a complete album to an mp3 image with a cue sheet.

It seems as the CDex has stopped development, as I have tried to submit this before without any respond.

Anyway, I can upload and provide a link to it in a few days if anyone is interested. (I may do a few more things, but won't be starting active development on CDex though).

• jaybeee
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
What apps are available for easily creating CUE sheets via individual tracks after I've already ripped the CD?  i.e. I rip my CDs to individual FLAC files.

I therefore downloaded CDex from the CVS (v1.60 beta 1)
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=33549&hl=cdex+1.60]FYI[/url]: in case anyone was wondering about version 1.60 beta 1.

• Synthetic Soul
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
Reply #5
What apps are available for easily creating CUE sheets via individual tracks after I've already ripped the CD?  i.e. I rip my CDs to individual FLAC files.

This thread may help.
I'm on a horse.

• jaybeee
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

This thread may help.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304411"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks SS