Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_projectM (Read 167530 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #125
Fantastic plugin--I love having visualizations as a panel. Thanks for all your hard work!

Now I'd like to add to it. 

Feature request: Could you add some sort of "deactivation," so that the panel would cease to run, but the panel could be left open?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #126
I'm having system crashes when I use this plugin for a long time. I have an ATI Radeon X740XL (Medion). If I have it for shor times it doesn't crash. Defatuls settings, using it in a panel.

Anyway, thanks for this plugin, I love this visualization

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #127
Sorry for not posting in a while.  I've had much more trouble with the fonts than I expected and I still don't know when I'm going to get done.

Feature request: Could you add some sort of "deactivation," so that the panel would cease to run, but the panel could be left open?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312066"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Not a bad idea.

I'm having system crashes when I use this plugin for a long time. I have an ATI Radeon X740XL (Medion). If I have it for shor times it doesn't crash. Defatuls settings, using it in a panel.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312080"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The whole system goes down?  This is one I haven't seen...

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #128
The whole system goes down?  This is one I haven't seen...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312544"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes. It doesn't happens always, but if it happens I've played music in fb2k and used the plugin panel. I get a blue screen and I have to restart the PC. The other day I had a weird crash, my system got back to a 256 colour and 640x800 due to a crash in the ATI radeon card.

I can't reproduce it on-demand, it seems to happens randomly and/or after long playbacks sessions with the panel opened.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #129
Yes. It doesn't happens always, but if it happens I've played music in fb2k and used the plugin panel. I get a blue screen and I have to restart the PC. The other day I had a weird crash, my system got back to a 256 colour and 640x800 due to a crash in the ATI radeon card.

I can't reproduce it on-demand, it seems to happens randomly and/or after long playbacks sessions with the panel opened.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312551"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jkwarras, could you note error info next time you'll get blue screen? i had something similar, could be related to ati driver or overheating ...

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #130
Panel version

Thanks again
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305010"][{POST_SNAPBACK}]

A bit off-topic, but how do you have multple tabbed panels?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can insert multiple instances of the pannel stack by holding "shift" while clicking it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305285"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

a bit more off topic but how do you place the panels in a horizontal fashion on top of the playlist intead of a vertical fashion on the side of the playlist. and even more off topic... can i do both?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #131
jkwarras, could you note error info next time you'll get blue screen? i had something similar, could be related to ati driver or overheating ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312756"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, I'll do it.

I also think it's related it's the ati driver.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #132
a bit more off topic but how do you place the panels in a horizontal fashion on top of the playlist intead of a vertical fashion on the side of the playlist. and even more off topic... can i do both?

http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faqs
yes, you can do both

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #133

http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faqs
yes, you can do both
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312793"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

im a bit stuck now... i have panels along the left of the playlist and when i select a toolbar it goes directly to the sidebar now... i cant even get the MENU toolbar to run along the top of my foobar config anymore... is there any way i can undo what i have done without completely reseting the foobar?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #134
im a bit stuck now... i have panels along the left of the playlist and when i select a toolbar it goes directly to the sidebar now... i cant even get the MENU toolbar to run along the top of my foobar config anymore... is there any way i can undo what i have done without completely reseting the foobar?

1. preferences -> display -> columns ui -> 'other' tab -> reset toolbars

if there are still no toolbars above playlist:

2. preferences -> core -> keyboard shortcuts
see if you have a shortcut for "[main] components/columns ui/show toolbars" (might be Ctrl+T) If not, make one and use it...

3. In the future, make a backup of your config file (foobar2000.cfg) before doing modifications. Then you can easily go back where you started if something goes bad. If you have user profile support enabled, it's in "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\....", otherwise it's in the base foobar2000 install directory.

4. Lets make this the end of this off-topic discussion in this thread, please.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #135

1. preferences -> display -> columns ui -> 'other' tab -> reset toolbars

if there are still no toolbars above playlist:

2. preferences -> core -> keyboard shortcuts
see if you have a shortcut for "[main] components/columns ui/show toolbars" (might be Ctrl+T) If not, make one and use it...

3. In the future, make a backup of your config file (foobar2000.cfg) before doing modifications. Then you can easily go back where you started if something goes bad. If you have user profile support enabled, it's in "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\....", otherwise it's in the base foobar2000 install directory.

4. Lets make this the end of this off-topic discussion in this thread, please.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312971"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thank you so much man... i will remember to save my config for now on! thanks again!

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #136
anyone knows a good "best of" preset site?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #137
i have some problems with cpu usage when dispaying panel version (up to 70% cpu)
this is due to the video card (integrated intel 900 gma chipset) ?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #138
It's probably the integrated video, yes.  My CPU usage is quite a bit lower than that with a dedicated video card.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #139
Hi there.

First of all - I´m not a guy who usually uses these kind of plugins, since I thought they were pointless, at least most of the time. But I really have to say I changed my mind. I actually registered just now to post this... Because I´m just listening to a brand new album of a great band with this plug-in on full screen and I´m blown away. It´s like watching a movie, with a lot of room left for imagination. More like a movie/book-hybrid. Anyway, thanks a lot. I´m actually impressed again. With foobar, which rocks interdimensional anyway, and this plug-in. This community is, I have to say, one of the most impressive groups I have encountered so far.

Well! Long time lurker, first time poster says - Thanks. Keep on doin´ exactly THAT.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #140
i hope to see this plugin working in the new foobar. i would also like to see the plugin disable the screensaver when its running fullscreen.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #141
i hope to see this plugin working in the new foobar.

A version compatible with foobar2000 0.9 will be released when foobar2000 0.9 final is released and the SDK becomes publicly available.  Until then, it would be better to avoid having any plugins available for the beta version that have the potential of causing crashes unrelated to foobar2000 or the standard plugins.

i would also like to see the plugin disable the screensaver when its running fullscreen.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=333654"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It doesn't for you?  I added support for that several versions ago that at least worked for me...

And thank you to Jokun. 

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']EDIT:  Grammar.[/span]

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #142
your right, its the monitor powering off i was thinking about.. that is annoying sometimes.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #143
I'll look into that and see why I didn't take care of it when I implemented the screen saver stuff.  I'm not sure when the next version will be out though, since I got so angry at the existing code when I was trying to implement the font stuff that I took a very long break from working on it and that break still has yet to end, unfortunately.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #144
would it be hard to incorporate multiple lines, eg. $char(10) into the formatting strings? or even album art?

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #145
Multiple lines are a possibility, but they'd have to wait until the other font stuff is taken care of, which, like I said, I don't know when I'm going to get around to doing.  Album art would be complicated and is not likely to happen anytime soon, if at all.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #146
Hey guys,

Am I correct in saying that 0.97 is the latest version of ProjectM? I go to the Sourceforge website once in a while to look for updates and that's all there was. 0.97 was released all the way back in June. Is there an updated version on the horizon that incorporates more of the Milkdrop Source Code?

Good vis btw.

Peace.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #147
I haven't talked to the main projectM developers, but to my knowledge, there are no more recent versions than 0.97,

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #148
this plugin works better than bacon for me, because it doesnt make my soundcard stutter even though its at 100% CPU  and ofcourse it has stay on top feature.

foo_vis_projectM

Reply #149
I used this plugin for a while but the the fact that it uses over half my total cpu power when I have a 6800 nvidia card and a amd 3800+, I had to take it out cuz its affecting other programs.  I know standard windows media player visualization doesn't take any cpu power and it looks pretty comprable.  Foobar may never see anywhere near the visualization abilities of other media players, oh well .