Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advice and help on computer audio speakers please! (Read 2515 times) previous topic - next topic

Advice and help on computer audio speakers please!

Today, my computer has decided to suddenly not recognize the speakers. I cannot get volume control up and on the speakers properties, it says there is "no audio device"...

They were working fine this morning but the controls were messed up and now they are completely muted by the internal computer. I've tried everything off the audio section on my control panel (of WindowsXP), can anyone offer some advice to me??????

Thanks, if you need more info about this annoying situation I'm in, I will post it on request if I've missed a critical part of the scenario.

Thanks for the advice - please help me!

Reply #1
I've tried everything off the audio section

Try everything on.

muted by the internal computer.

Who's that ? 

Reply #2
I cannot even open the volume control because "There are no active mixer devices available" and tells me to install one through the Add hardware wizard on my control panel so therefore I cannot turn everything on full!!!

The speakers are all plugged in correctly and are powered. When at max volume on the knob on the speakers, I hear only the faint "buzzing" of the computer and that is it.

Reply #3
Install the drivers for your audio hardware

Reply #4
Is that most likely to be my audio codecs? as it says they are all working properly.

My Windows Media Player cannot play any music files as it says there is a problem but the drivers seem to be operating as normal though critically my speakers themselves as hardware are not recognized!

This contradiction of the computer is why I myself am puzzled as I have tried everything it will let me do to do with the speakers, the audio and sound!

Reply #5
Look through device manager. Are there any problem devices ?

Reply #6
OK! It's all back to normal -working 100% as normal now!

I really do not know why it mucked up but I don't need anymore help thank-you as the problem is fixed!

Thanks, Leo69 for the advice - was just the stupid computer at the end of the day!