Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newbie question : LAME 3.xx.xx ? (Read 51148 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie question : LAME 3.xx.xx ?

Reply #200
I would start a new post for this question. There are forums for different topics here so that there is order to the madness. 

Reply #201
in each case wack has stoped after burning 1 song.
when i ran the Jim croce album from EAC it extracted the first MP3 song then hung.
when i ran it again it extracted all the Mp3s and the 1st .wv song and then hung
when i ran it a third time (this time I commented out teh Mp3 encoder in the ini file) it extracted all the .wv songs.

when I ran the John Bayless album in EAC it extracted the 1st Mp3 song and then hung.
when i ran the batch file it extracted all the Mp3 files and the 1st .wv song adn then hung
when i ran the batch file a second time (after commenting out the Mp3 encoder) it extracted all the .wv songs.

This just seems like such curious behaviour.

When this happens again can you please do three things:
  • Post the cuesheet that EAC is generating
  • Take a look inside the "wavtemp" folder that WACK creates inside the folder that you are saving to ("D:\" ?) and let us know what you see (number of files, any curious filesizes, etc.)
  • Copy the initial output from WACK and post it here.  To copy the output you will need to right-click on the window and choose "Select All" - then press Return/Enter to copy to the clipboard (I believe you are on XP)
I don't really know what I'm expecting to see, but it seems the problem has to lay in these areas somehow.

The most confusing aspect is that it will work in some instances (2nd and 3rd run).  I'm wondering now whether this is something to do with the fact that the previous run creates the track one file, so the current run doesn't, and doesn't get stuck... 

seems to me the problem lies with the way wack is calling lame and wavpack but if that is so why is only the 1st song being extracted. is it that wack is not telling lame or wavpack the number of songs in the CD Image.wack.wav file?

I think that WACK is being confused by something that happens right near the start.  I think that either the cuesheet is confusing things, or WavSplit is.  I also think that you can't get much more cute than a little kitten.  If so, I'd like to know how.

one more thing i have noticed is that both the albums that gave me trouble were more than 60 minuites long. could this be an issue?

I really can't see it.  Then again, nothing makes sense here.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #202
When this happens again can you please do three things:
  • Post the cuesheet that EAC is generating

• Take a look inside the "wavtemp" folder that WACK creates inside the folder that you are saving to ("D:\" ?) and let us know what you see (number of files, any curious filesizes, etc.)

• Copy the initial output from WACK and post it here.  To copy the output you will need to right-click on the window and choose "Select All" - then press Return/Enter to copy to the clipboard (I believe you are on XP)
I don't really know what I'm expecting to see, but it seems the problem has to lay in these areas somehow.

The most confusing aspect is that it will work in some instances (2nd and 3rd run).  I'm wondering now whether this is something to do with the fact that the previous run creates the track one file, so the current run doesn't, and doesn't get stuck... 

I think that WACK is being confused by something that happens right near the start.  I think that either the cuesheet is confusing things, or WavSplit is.  I also think that you can't get much more cute than a little kitten.  If so, I'd like to know how.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308115"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will. i will save all the cue sheets and post them. today i am travelling (every thursday) so I will start ripping tomorrow. part of me want this problem to happen again so i can psot the cue sheets and part of me wishes it does not happen again as it is really frustrating. thanks to the batch file that you created that frustration is a lot less. for each rip the time EAC takes to create CDimage.wack.wav is about half he total time taken (to make the Mp3 and .wv files).