Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: compiling foobar (Read 2728 times) previous topic - next topic

compiling foobar

Forgive my ignorance, as this is a horribly newbie question.. but I'm trying to learn and would appreciate any help I can get.

What does the foobar SDK include? ie. if I compile it, will I get the player itself?

Which project / solution am I supposed to compile?

I tried opening foobar2000.dsw in VS.NET2003 and get errors like
"The project file '...foo_unpack\7zip\7zip\Bundles\Format7z\7z_static\7z_static.dsp' has been corrupted and cannot be opened."
I get a lot of these errors (like 30?) before VS will finally be quiet. But once foobar2000.dsw is opened, what do I do?

I tried compiling foo_tutorial1 and that worked out fine, surprisingly.. but once compiled, where and how do I see the "results"?. I copied the generated .dll files to the components directory and they loaded fine, but is there any way of "testing" the functionality? The player seems to contain the functionality already.

Finally, is there any good documentation that might help me in this somewhat? I noticed that there's supposed to be a Wiki, but the page didn't load..

Thanks for any help on my questions..!

compiling foobar

Reply #1
What does the foobar SDK include? ie. if I compile it, will I get the player itself?

No, it only contains the interfaces for coders to create components.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )