Skip to main content
Topic: foo_playlist_output (Read 46922 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_output

Got bored and wanted to share my playlist with a friend only to find now way to do this..  So out of boredom and wanting to poke around the foobar api I wrote this.  Currently designed to easily replicate WinAmp's HTML output.  The output html itself is rather plain and needs a css file to go with it [the included foobar2000.css gives a nice look that can be seen here ]

Text output is done using the playlist formatting.

Support for playlist formatting in HTML is in the works.  Currently it doesn't scale well.  Example,  a 7000 track playlist using the Hybrid formatting string creates a 10 Megabyte HTML file.  This is mostly due to the addition and conversion of spaces to   to preserve structure.  Once I get this working better I will release a build that includes this support.

Comments, suggestions, bugs, crisitism, etc all welcome.

Download: here

foo_playlist_output

Reply #1
Nice work Tres`ni, this is going to come in handy.
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

foo_playlist_output

Reply #2
Nice, but CSS-file doesn't work for me.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

foo_playlist_output

Reply #3
Nice, but CSS-file doesn't work for me.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295421"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you copy the foobar2000.css file into the same directory as your generated HTML file? Works here, and that's all I had to do...

Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="foobar2000.css" />

indicates that relative path are same directory. Guess you can edit the HTML file if you want it differently.
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_playlist_output

Reply #4
Did you copy the foobar2000.css file into the same directory as your generated HTML file?

Upps, now it works fine! - My mistake, sorry! 
THX.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

foo_playlist_output

Reply #5
Not bad! 

But i would prefer 01. ... 02. ... 03., for the countnumbers from 1 to 9.
Would looks more nice.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

foo_playlist_output

Reply #6
Nice one.
You may want to replace
.hilite { color: darkblue; }
with
.hilite { color: #000080; }
and
font-family: courier new;
with
font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace;
so it validates against w3c.

foo_playlist_output

Reply #7
i just use mp3tag's export feature...
- sig removed, no code allowed

foo_playlist_output

Reply #8
so it validates against w3c.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295531"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For full W3C XHTML validity the plugin should maybe also convert special characters occurring in names in playlist to theire respective control sequences:

Special Characters in XML:

Special character       Special meaning         Entity encoding

>                 Begins a tag.           &gt;
       <                 Ends a tag.             &lt;
       "                 Quotation mark.         &quot;
       '                 Apostrophe.             &apos;
       &                 Ampersand.              &amp;

EDIT:
Explaining better: Like converting Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band into Captain Beefheart &amp; His Magic Band

foo_playlist_output

Reply #9
Not bad!  

Would looks more nice.

((((( Strictly4me )))))
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295498"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I haven't tried this plugin yet, but can't you do

$num(%_playlist_number%,$len(%_playlist_total%)) to get zero padded numbers?

foo_playlist_output

Reply #10

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295594"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To get tracknumbers with 4553 leading zeros?  We'd need a $log function to solve this easily, or multiple embedded $if-s.

EDIT: Ooops, foosion is right  Sorry
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

foo_playlist_output

Reply #11
To get tracknumbers with 4553 leading zeros?  We'd need a $log function to solve this easily, or multiple embedded $if-s.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295595"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Read carefully what was posted; the format is $num(%_playlist_number%,$len(%_playlist_total%)). The $len() function easily solves this - and it does compute the (rounded) base 10 logarithm .

foo_playlist_output

Reply #12
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_playlist_output.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

foo_playlist_output

Reply #13
ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_playlist_output.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295615"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This does require that you have the MSVC7 runtime dll's as I am using Visual Studio .Net to compile.  That's most likely the problem

foo_playlist_output

Reply #14
Not bad!  
Would looks more nice.

((((( Strictly4me )))))
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295498"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295594"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nope you can't..  The current HTML formatting is static to the WinAmp defaults..  Mostly because if I tried using the playlist formating then you can likely end up with huge listings like what I mentioned in my original post.  I thought about using padded numbers, but decided agianst it since it didn't look like the WinAmp defaults....  That might seem dumb, but in the end my goal is to have 2 HTML output options: WinAmp and foobar2000, where foobar2000 uses your playlist formating string to generate the HTML.

foo_playlist_output

Reply #15
For full W3C XHTML validity the plugin should maybe also convert special characters occurring in names in playlist to theire respective control sequences:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295581"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good catch, I actually have code for this, I just commented it out when I was commenting out all the code for playlist formatting output..  I'll fix here quick.

foo_playlist_output

Reply #16
Nope you can't..  The current HTML formatting is static to the WinAmp defaults..  Mostly because if I tried using the playlist formating then you can likely end up with huge listings like what I mentioned in my original post.  I thought about using padded numbers, but decided agianst it since it didn't look like the WinAmp defaults....  That might seem dumb, but in the end my goal is to have 2 HTML output options: WinAmp and foobar2000, where foobar2000 uses your playlist formating string to generate the HTML.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's too bad. How about a third mode, custom string?

Otherwise, I'd still have to use a manual string.

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13807]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=13807[/url]
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=20412

http://my.netian.com/~cajunlee/list.htm

foo_playlist_output

Reply #17
That's too bad. How about a third mode, custom string?

I'll add it to my to do list  While I have [atleast rudementary] skills when it come to Win32 programming, the way the foobar2K API works is differant from anything I've ever done before so it's taking a little getting used to.  I'll probably have this working before I figure out playlist formatting output without producing huge files

foo_playlist_output

Reply #18
This does require that you have the MSVC7 runtime dll's as I am using Visual Studio .Net to compile.  That's most likely the problem
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295768"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have the MSVC7 runtime dlls installed so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

*shrugs* oh well.

foo_playlist_output

Reply #19
I have the same problem as Gord and I also have the MCSVR runtimes.

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_playlist_output.dll, reason: Unable to load DLL

foo_playlist_output

Reply #20
Thanks for this nice plugin , it works well

my little suggestion:
I would prefer something like
"Playlist length: 3 days 4 hours 7 minutes 21 seconds."
instead of
"Playlist length: 76 hours 7 minutes 21 seconds."

and then also replacing 7 days by 1 week like in the status display page in foobar prefs

EDIT:
i ve just realised that lenght of the playlist lenght displayed in foobar and the one displayed in the generated output file differ.
ie:
- in foobar: 8h42mn31s
- in the generated output file: 8h41mn28s

and the longer the playlist is , the bigger is the difference

foo_playlist_output

Reply #21
i ve just realised that lenght of the playlist lenght displayed in foobar and the one displayed in the generated output file differ.
ie:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295829"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's correct. I got "Playlist length: 47 hours 6 minutes 45 seconds." from foo_playlist_output and "1d 23:12:03" from foobar2000. Thats an almost 6 minutes discrepancy in under 48 hours. That's too much....

foo_playlist_output

Reply #22
I have the MSVC7 runtime dlls installed so that doesn't seem to be the problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295797"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have both msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll in the same folder as foobar2000.exe?

foo_playlist_output

Reply #23
ie:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295829"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's correct. I got "Playlist length: 47 hours 6 minutes 45 seconds." from foo_playlist_output and "1d 23:12:03" from foobar2000. Thats an almost 6 minutes discrepancy in under 48 hours. That's too much....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295873"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now that's really odd..  Let me look into it some more and see what I can figure out.
[developer stuff]
I am using
  metadb_handle_list temp;
 playlist_oper::get()->get_data(temp);

for(int i = 0; i < temp.get_count(); i++)
     total += temp.get_item(i)->handle_get_length();
 temp.delete_all();
 unsigned long total_hours = total / 3600;
 total %= 3600;

out.add_int(total_minutes);
 total %= 60;

To compute the length of the playlist, anyone see why there would be such huge discrepencies?  Only thing I can figure is I don't check for ones that return handle_get_length() <= 0, which may mean that I can't get the length that way...  I'm not sure..
[/developer stuff]

foo_playlist_output

Reply #24
Only thing I can figure is I don't check for ones that return handle_get_length() <= 0, which may mean that I can't get the length that way...  I'm not sure..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295897"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Some inputs may return -1.0, if the length cannot be determined (think streaming audio). You should just count those as having length 0, at least that's what the properties dialog does.

Also there is string_print_time in the SDK, if you want to output the total time in the same format as in the properties dialog/status bar.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019