Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: best prog? (Read 3150 times) previous topic - next topic

best prog?

which is the best program for you? CDex, EAC or Audiograbber?
i have used audiograbber for a lot of time and it was fine. cdex had more settings while eac (which i started to use some days ago) is quite confusing for me, but seems to make perfect mp3s.

i am quite confused with all these and although i have read the topic eac vs cdex, i can't come to a clear decision. but after all, i believe the path will lead me to eac....
Heavy Metal Is the Law!!!
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

best prog?

Reply #1
There exists a wealth of information on this topic and a search will give you more information than you may need.

At the end of the day whatever ripper is the most easy for you to operate.

I suspect the majority of members here would favor EAC.....but it is not right for all people.

Again, search the forum and ye shall find.

rs
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

best prog?

Reply #2
EAC has more options, CD burning capability, offset correction, comprehensive secure mode.
Be healthy, be kind, grow rich and prosper

best prog?

Reply #3
I used to use Cdex, but switched to EAC. It's not that much harder to handle, but allows you to have perfect rips. Cdex hasn't been updated for a long time and therefore also handles same presets wrong...EAC gives you full control and besides that, offers some interesting features for advanced users...
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'