Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where can I find Yuden or Mitsubishi CDs? (Read 12219 times) previous topic - next topic

Where can I find Yuden or Mitsubishi CDs?

Reply #25
Btw. I heart that the Verbatims DataLife Plus were from Mitsubishi?

They can also be from CMC and Moser bayer, made with license from MCC...

Edit: Typo.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304962"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

how can I find out?! Or are they pretty much the same quality wise?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #26
I've got some Verbatim DataLife Plus made in China. Are those any good?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304675"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also recently bought those and am very impressed: I get consistently 0.2 C1 average (no C2 of course) with my Plextor 716A, which is even better than Taiyo Yuden and practically the best I ever got from any media.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304766"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

how do you test C1 errors?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304806"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Plextools Pro, but it only works with Plextor drives. Which drive do you use for burning? With Lite-On, you could e.g. use k-probe for C1/C2 scanning. Also, burning at 4X is usually not recommended with modern high-speed media, the sweet spot is most likely between 16X-32X. I don't know, but maybe your drive is supported also by Nero CD Speed for error scanning? It is difficult to judge burn quality without C1/C2 scanning, but if the discs can be read at  full speed in a "read transfer test" (can be performed with any drive) from beginning to end, the burn quality is probably OK.
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #28
if you want 100% sure you get TY cd's, buy plextor branded cds.
They are TY.

Reply #29
For those in Canada, I've found BlankMedia.ca to be about the best place to consistently find the best media.

I've ordered from them several times and never had a problem and they deliver quickly.

ss.

Reply #30
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304675"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also recently bought those and am very impressed: I get consistently 0.2 C1 average (no C2 of course) with my Plextor 716A, which is even better than Taiyo Yuden and practically the best I ever got from any media.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304766"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

how do you test C1 errors?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304806"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use Plextools Pro, but it only works with Plextor drives. Which drive do you use for burning? With Lite-On, you could e.g. use k-probe for C1/C2 scanning. Also, burning at 4X is usually not recommended with modern high-speed media, the sweet spot is most likely between 16X-32X. I don't know, but maybe your drive is supported also by Nero CD Speed for error scanning? It is difficult to judge burn quality without C1/C2 scanning, but if the discs can be read at  full speed in a "read transfer test" (can be performed with any drive) from beginning to end, the burn quality is probably OK.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305123"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the thing is I don't get any C1 errors at all using Nero CD Speed...not even using my DVD drive even though it can hardly read the CD....so there's surely something wrong. Maybe you're right and my CD burner is too old...
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.

Reply #31
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wherever Verbatim DLP is made, it is manufactured using Mitsubishi technology and according to their strict standards. So it doesn't matter where it is manufactured.

I don't know, but not all TY are of excellent quality. I have this pack of pastel Verbatims certified for 52x and so far, all writers I tried (LITE-ON LTR-52246S, LTR-52327S, SOHR-5238S; Plextor PX-712A, PX-716A; NEC 1300A). After burning, the discs are almost unreadable in any devices, including home stereo systems. I tried burning them at speeds between 16x and 52x but always the same result. The media was produced in Japan and has TY02 as manufacturer ID.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304739"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Every manufacturer has bad batches, even Taiyo Yuden. Of course, with quality names like TY and Verbatim, such batches are a lot harder to come by. Why not post a couple PlextTools Pro C1/C2 and Beta/Jitter Test scans of your problem discs, anyway? Use the PX-712A because the PX-716A is not great for CD scanning.

Any good places to get TY discs in Sydney/Australia?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304785"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check the huge [a href="http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=89302]DVD±R and CD-R Bargains in Australia[/url] thread on CDFreaks.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']<edit: left a phrase hanging :>[/span]

Reply #32
For those in the US:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817172107
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305176"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if you want 100% sure you get TY cd's, buy plextor branded cds.
They are TY.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305199"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Neither Plextor-branded CDs nor Newegg's listings are good deals. In particular, Plextor media is always horribly overpiced.  Newegg's service is great, but their TY prices are hardly the best. Rima offers better deals (and same service level), though they don't carry Verbatim, unfortunately.

Reply #33
the thing is I don't get any C1 errors at all using Nero CD Speed...not even using my DVD drive even though it can hardly read the CD....so there's surely something wrong. Maybe you're right and my CD burner is too old...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305205"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Then your drive is not supported by CD/DVD Speed. It seems that you  cannot figure out what drive you got, or decided to keep the knowledge secret. =)

Reply #34
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305205"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Then your drive is not supported by CD/DVD Speed. It seems that you  cannot figure out what drive you got, or decided to keep the knowledge secret. =)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305253"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've got a Mitsumi CR-4804TE Burner + Creative DVD8400E DVD-Drive. Non of them reports C1 Errors using Nero Speed...C2 Errors are reported through...

Reply #36
I've got a Mitsumi CR-4804TE Burner
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305301"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OMG, don't tell me you still use it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=305612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well, what's so bad about it? Back then it got pretty good ratings...the thing is, I rarely burn CD's...