Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Entry point not found (Read 4367 times) previous topic - next topic

Entry point not found

Hi,

I'm not too much into MS cpp. I use MS VC6 and tried to recompile foo_freedb. The freedb search window does initially enter artist and title in that window, I wanted to get rid of those. OK.

What I did then:
1. DL the sdk
2. DL the source code for foo_freedb
3. Placed the foo_freedb in SDK\foobar2000
4. Opened .\SDK\foobar2000\foobar2000.dsw and added freedb to the workspace, changed code to my needs.
5. Compiled a debug and a release version of foo_freedb: fine.
6. On start of foobar, console says:

Failed to load DLL: foo_freedb.dll, reason: Entry point not found, DLL doesn't appear to be a foobar2000 component.

I have no idea, what I did wrong.

Help!

Entry point not found

Reply #1
Now I don't even get it compiled. Unresolved dependencies. What am I doing wrong?

cIconv.cpp
foo_freedb.cpp
freedb.cpp
http.cpp
Linker-Vorgang läuft...
   Bibliothek ../Release/foo_freedb.lib und Objekt ../Release/foo_freedb.exp wird erstellt
cIconv.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol __imp__uLoadLibrary
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol __imp__uLoadLibrary
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "private: static class service_factory_base *  service_factory_base::list" (?list@service_factory_base@@0PAV1@A)
http.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "private: static class service_factory_base *  service_factory_base::list" (?list@service_factory_base@@0PAV1@A)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: static struct _GUID const  componentversion::class_guid" (?class_guid@componentversion@@2U_GUID@@B)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: static struct _GUID const  menu_item::class_guid" (?class_guid@menu_item@@2U_GUID@@B)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall file_info::info_get_idx(char const *)const " (?info_get_idx@file_info@@UBEHPBD@Z)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall file_info::meta_get_idx(char const *,int)const " (?meta_get_idx@file_info@@UBEHPBDH@Z)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall file_info::copy(class file_info const *)" (?copy@file_info@@UAEXPBV1@@Z)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol __imp__stricmp_utf8
foobar2000_sdk_helpers.lib(window_placement_helper.obj) : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol __imp__stricmp_utf8
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: static void __cdecl titleformat::g_run(class file_info const *,class string_base &,char const *,char const *)" (?g_run@titleformat@@SAXPBVfile_info@@AAVstring_base@@PBD2@Z)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void __thiscall metadb_handle_list::delete_all(void)" (?delete_all@metadb_handle_list@@QAEXXZ)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void __thiscall metadb_handle_list::sort_by_format_get_order(int *,char const *,char const *)const " (?sort_by_format_get_order@metadb_handle_list@@QBEXPAHPBD1@Z)
foo_freedb.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "struct HWND__ * __cdecl uCreateDialog(unsigned int,struct HWND__ *,int (__stdcall*)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long),long)" (?uCreateDialog@@YAPAUHWND__@@IPAU1@P6GH0II
J@ZJ@Z)
http.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "struct HWND__ * __cdecl uCreateDialog(unsigned int,struct HWND__ *,int (__stdcall*)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long),long)" (?uCreateDialog@@YAPAUHWND__@@IPAU1@P6GH0IIJ@ZJ@Z
)

Entry point not found

Reply #2
You need to set up project dependencies. See the thread about the component tutorial for a detailed description.

Entry point not found

Reply #3
OK, finally, I did it. I read the sdk info and the c++ help file and created all necessary dependencies. Compile worked fine. Now I have a foo_freedb, which does not have artist and album field filled on entering the search...

EDIT: Thank you foosion.