Skip to main content
Topic: foo_msn7 (Read 33959 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_msn7

As stated in title, i m asking whether there is anyone here interested in developing this plugin... As previously asked in this forum, someone has created a foo_msn.dll, but that was for MSN Messenger Version 7.0604 if i m not mistaken... Since the latest MSN Messenger 7 Final has come out now, so, i wish that someone can create this plugin... I think it should be juz a simple modified version of that previous plugin... Hopefully that's not so hard for all the PRO here...  Anyway, thanx...

p/s: sorry for my lausy english...
(  - . -)  -- ..  ... ... / ..- / --..-- / -. --. .- / -. --. .-

foo_msn7

Reply #1
AMIP already supports MSN 7.x versions including the released one, use the latest 2.53 beta available here.

A couple of screenshots:

UPD - AMIP Configurator beta. Flexible alternative formatting is available now!

foo_msn7

Reply #2

As stated in title, i m asking whether there is anyone here interested in developing this plugin... As previously asked in this forum, someone has created a foo_msn.dll, but that was for MSN Messenger Version 7.0604 if i m not mistaken... Since the latest MSN Messenger 7 Final has come out now, so, i wish that someone can create this plugin... I think it should be juz a simple modified version of that previous plugin... Hopefully that's not so hard for all the PRO here...   Anyway, thanx...

p/s: sorry for my lausy english...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288941"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No foo_msn is working with the msn 7 final, im using it atm and all is well.
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

foo_msn7

Reply #3
Or you could use foo_toaster also.

foo_msn7

Reply #4
 Thanx guys... especially CrazyCoder, the plug in u created works so perfect now... (nvr notice it can integrate with MSN, mIRC noob here... hehe...) Anyway, thanx again, this is what makes me like this forum and also foobar!!

foo_msn7

Reply #5
How about one for Trillian 3.1, which is a far better IM client?

foo_msn7

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289175"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you provide the list of related features you need for trillian?

foo_msn7

Reply #7
Crazy Coder, that AMIP plugin always displays " - " whenever I try to play a WMA file. works fine for mp3 though.

foo_msn7

Reply #8
Crazy Coder, that AMIP plugin always displays " - " whenever I try to play a WMA file. works fine for mp3 though.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289223"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AMIP can't extract info from WMA files yet. Either use %name (if in MSN, use Alternative formatting as displayed on the above screenshot). If you want to use Foobar formatted string, configure it in the AMIP Wrapper Foobar options and in AMIP presets use %s variable.

foo_msn7

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289223"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AMIP can't extract info from WMA files yet. Either use %name (if in MSN, use Alternative formatting as displayed on the above screenshot). If you want to use Foobar formatted string, configure it in the AMIP Wrapper Foobar options and in AMIP presets use %s variable.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

whenever i click on the wrapper options in foobar it brings up the configurator... i can't see where to change it in there : )

also the name doesn't clear from MSN when i hit the stop button like WMP does

foo_msn7

Reply #10
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289175"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you provide the list of related features you need for trillian?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289196"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just basically to be able to do what this does, heh.

foo_msn7

Reply #11
whenever i click on the wrapper options in foobar it brings up the configurator... i can't see where to change it in there : )

The format string is configured exactly in the foobar setting, AMIP Wrapper tab, you don't need to click options to configure it. When it's configured, open Configurator and put %s instead of of default settings for MSN integration.

See these screenshots for reference:

Foobar Options
AMIP Settings

If you want to clear song on stop/pause and show it back when playback is enabled, you can disable the automatic MSN intgeration in AMIP Configurator and place appropriate commands in the Callbacks as displayed here:

Disable MSN Integration
Play Event
Pause Event
Stop Event
Exit Event

Hope this helps.

foo_msn7

Reply #12
CrazyCoder, so, the answer is AMIP still can't show WMA info? Because i was looking at ur string and compared mine, there's no difference at all...  Anyway, thanx for teaching how to clear song info from MSN, and hopefully this can integrate with Yahoo Messenger too...

foo_msn7

Reply #14
CrazyCoder, so, the answer is AMIP still can't show WMA info? Because i was looking at ur string and compared mine, there's no difference at all...  Anyway, thanx for teaching how to clear song info from MSN, and hopefully this can integrate with Yahoo Messenger too...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289750"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If Foobar can extract info from WMA and put it in its variables, then exactly this info can be passed to AMIP and used in AMIP as %s. AMIP can't read WMA tags itself at the moment, but I thought that Foobar does it.

foo_msn7

Reply #15
AMIP looks nice, but does it work with aMSN by any chance ?
http://amsn.sourceforge.net/
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289752"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, but you can paste song info into any window by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Z (shortcut and song info format can be set in AMIP Configurator). You can also set AMIP to automatically press Enter or Ctrl+Enter in the window where you paste.

foo_msn7

Reply #16
Hi, great job but could AMIP work with Miranda?

foo_msn7

Reply #17
I've downloaded and installed foo_msn and foo_toaster, but don't understand how to have the songs in msn???

foo_msn7

Reply #18

The format string is configured exactly in the foobar setting, AMIP Wrapper tab, you don't need to click options to configure it. When it's configured, open Configurator and put %s instead of of default settings for MSN integration.

See these screenshots for reference:

Foobar Options
AMIP Settings

If you want to clear song on stop/pause and show it back when playback is enabled, you can disable the automatic MSN intgeration in AMIP Configurator and place appropriate commands in the Callbacks as displayed here:

Disable MSN Integration
Play Event
Pause Event
Stop Event
Exit Event

Hope this helps.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289714"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i did all this, and while it did get the Stop event working properly, it still displays " - " for songs in WMA format... thanks for your help btw

foo_msn7

Reply #19
i did all this, and while it did get the Stop event working properly, it still displays " - " for songs in WMA format... thanks for your help btw

Contact me by IRC/IM or send me you plugin.ini by e-mail so that I can check what's wrong here.

Does Foobar show the correct  tags for WMA files? Can you see the valid name in the AMIP's Ctrl+J dialog?

foo_msn7

Reply #20

Contact me by IRC/IM or send me you plugin.ini by e-mail so that I can check what's wrong here.

Does Foobar show the correct  tags for WMA files? Can you see the valid name in the AMIP's Ctrl+J dialog?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289861"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here's the ctrl+J dialog on a wma file:

foo_msn7

Reply #21
Can someone explain to me what kind of format of text/file does msn messenger take to display on its subtitle? eg..mIRC takes a txt file and puts it.

foo_msn7

Reply #22
Hello, can someone explain me how to install or configure foo_msn?

Or just give me a link to an explaination...

Please, i'm lost!!

foo_msn7

Reply #23
Theres no configuration needed for foo_msn, just put it in the component folder and your all set. But make sure you have the latest one of the component, or else you can use foo_toaster.
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

foo_msn7

Reply #24
Here's the ctrl+J dialog on a wma file:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290143"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Exactly this string should be passed to MSN if you have the following in the play callback or in the MSN alternative format:
Code: [Select]
/msn(alt)%s

What's your format string?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019