Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tagz editor (Read 2826 times) previous topic - next topic

Tagz editor

After exploding my head trying to understand some old formatting code I wrote for a columns UI setup, I decided to make a simple environment for writing Tagz.

The idea was to have drag/droppable blocks for objects. Functions could have blocks dropped in them to add arguments, everything could be collapsed - you can imagine the kind of useful things you could do with a visual editor.

After spending a few hours in Java I have some basic Tagz functions behaving as they should and attached to swing objects representing the code. I thought I should check if this has already been done in case I am wasting my time.

Also, if this hasnt been done and anybody would find it useful, a fellow coder to help out with making a nice UI and writing a parser for existing Tagz code would be great.

Tagz editor

Reply #1
AFAIK, it hasn't been done yet. If it would help, I could give you an LL(1) grammar of Tagz (not including the newer C style "#script 1" variant) in EBNF. Could be quite useful to get you started with JavaCC/Antlr/...

Tagz editor

Reply #2
Unfortunately most of those terms mean little to me. I'm worried now that you suggest I need a grammar guide for Tagz, I didn't think there was much to it

A definitive guide would be helpful to ensure I am doing the right thing. I havn't looked in the SDK before so I don't know if this info is already available (I still have plenty of work to do before I need to look for info in the SDK, heh)

Thanks for the reply, I'll post again after some progress =)