Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC File Names (Read 3116 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC File Names

Hi, I have been looking over some of the guides on ripping Cds  to flac using EAC and no matter which settings I use for the filename I end up with tracks being named: 0tmp957)7.flac etc.

I was wondering if anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Thank You

EAC File Names

Reply #1
Those are temporary file names, which suggests your command line is lacking %d (destination file name).

EAC File Names

Reply #2
Those are temporary file names, which suggests your command line is lacking %d (destination file name).

I see, thanks.
Should I add this in the additional command line option under External Compression settings?

EAC File Names

Reply #3
Yes (where else? )

EAC File Names

Reply #4
The flac command line shouldn't actually require the output/destination file to be specified.
see: [ wiki guide EAC_and_FLAC ]  &  [ flac.exe documentation ]

...so if the ''%d'' suggestion does not work (btw, you might want to try adding ''-o %d'' instead of just ''%d'') -

the first thing I would check is - in Compression Options - that the file extension is set exactly to ''.flac'' ,making sure there are no spaces or any other extra characters.

And next that the "Addtional command line options" string is valid, as per the example in the EAC_and_FLAC guide.

Then, be sure the path + filename you're saving to isn't too long or otherwise invalid.

EAC File Names

Reply #6
Cool, thanks Guys.
I will check that out.