Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Preamp For Files Without Replaygain (winamp) (Read 5310 times) previous topic - next topic

Preamp For Files Without Replaygain (winamp)

A modification of the Otachan version of in_mpg123.

It allows to adjust the preamp value for files that don't have a replaygain tag - just like foobar2000 allows you to do.
(On the replaygain properties page there are now two sliders.)

I wrote this mod because I find it very annoying when volume increases a big amount if I have some untagged MP3s in my playlist.

I would like to see the feature in the standard in_mpg123 but I can't find any contact information for the Otachan version.

The archive contains the source and normal, SSE and SSE2 builds.

I also had to make a minor modification in order to build with VC++ 7.  (Original Source uses VC++ 8)

By the way - from my quick code review I think all internal calculations are done in 64bit float. But I am not 100% sure.

Edit: New Version 01b [attachment=1327:attachment] - fixes display of track length

Reply #1
I'm unable to download... 

Edit: well.. not true: it download as index.php but if renamed it is OK.  Thanks!

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #2
NICE WORK, Hacko!

Cheers.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Reply #4
Otachan's email address is mentioned at the bottom of his home page.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275215"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I feel dumb... 
A little google search would have given me the answer.

Reply #5
Congrats, Hacko.

It seems your mod has been incorporated into Otachan's code.

Sergio
Sergio

Reply #6
Not meaning to sound stupid but how can I install/use this file?