Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1:1 Audiocd Copy? (Read 4086 times) previous topic - next topic

1:1 Audiocd Copy?

I have a couple of CDs I want to copy 1:1 for my friends and I'm just asking myself, if ripping in EAC and burning in EAC is necessary to have perfect 1:1 copies or if Nero does this job good enough™. Do I have to use CUE-Sheets for this task or is Nero's CD copy okay?
dev0

P.S.: the server is sloooow
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #1
P.S.: the server is sloooow

OT:
yes!

Reply #2
dev0:

Nero does not support secure reading. You should extract the CD image with EAC.

What you burn it with doesn't really matter - both Nero and EAC do it. (In Nero, select File -> Burn CD Image.) EAC doesn't work correctly with my burner, so I use Nero. Beware of Feurio though, it sometimes doesn't read the CUE sheets correctly, resulting in track gaps being where they shouldn't be.

Reply #3
Load the cd image into daemon tools then copy with nero. Then you can use EAC too.

Reply #4
I personally use EAC to rip and CDRWin to burn my audio CDs, since EAC can generate the CUE sheets with the exact track gaps and etc.

Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #5
yup...

if you wanna the best 1. to 1. copyer..
then padus discjuggler is the way to go...

this is a "overall" copyer.. and do almost everything
in this area..

when it regards audio.. it uses xaudio core..

handles pcm. perfectly..

Reply #6
Don't use Nero prior to 5.5.7.8 : can't burn tracks properly

Reply #7
rip them with EAC and then burn them with CDRWin or whatever

thats the best as CD to CD is trash, because of the AUdio CD format which isn't based on files. cd-to-cd might lose bits or you might get drop outs.