Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Trouble enabling database (Read 1874 times) previous topic - next topic

Trouble enabling database

Hi, I've just done a fresh install of 0.8.3, and enabled the database. I'm not restricting any directories or types. I restart foobar, start adding files to the playlist, and when I exit I notice that the database.foo file is still 1kb. Components like foo_playcount are not working because I keep getting errors in the console saying it can't write to the DB.

I reinstalled foobar because the database didn't seem to be working before (database.foo does get created, but always at 1kb with the same, short binary pattern in it), but it didn't help. I am running foobar on XP SP2 over a network drive. The entire program and subdirectories are in a share mapped to my file server. Could that be why? I have appropriate permissions to write to the directory though.

Reply #1
Well, I reinstalled yet again on a local drive, and this time the database issue didn't appear. I copied the configuration file over to my networked installation and so far so good!

Reply #2
Try checking if you did enable "save per-user settings" during install - that may have caused the problems you mentioned (configuration not getting updated).

IF that was the cause, then what do we learn from this? Don't touch settings of which you dont know what they do ;-)

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.