Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: aacPlus v2 encoder (Read 5817 times) previous topic - next topic

aacPlus v2 encoder

Hi everyone !

Is there an aacPlus v2 (HE-AAC v2) encoder existing for consumers ?
I want to convert all my collection of CD, but want it to take the smallest room on my hard-drive.

Thanks !

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #1
use nero, but for ideal quality i'de recommend going with a higher-kb lc-aac...  eitherway nero has you covered, and has decent ripping.

if not either way, you can then use nero's codec as commandline in programs such as exact audio copy...    and the sound, well...  check the aac tests. 

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #2
Hi everyone !

Is there an aacPlus v2 (HE-AAC v2) encoder existing for consumers ?
I want to convert all my collection of CD, but want it to take the smallest room on my hard-drive.

Thanks !
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273158"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nero's implementation of aacPlus v2 (HE-AAC v2) hasn't been released to public just yet. They currently support v1, but in the next release of the encoder, it's expected that PS will be added to meet the v2 requirements.

Maybe one of the Nero guys will respond soon. I only see Garf post nowadays and never see Memmo or Ivan anymore. We miss you guys!

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #3
I guess this is the answer to the original question: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7107
It seemed to work okay, but I haven't been able to play the file.  Since I can hear the 64kbps AAC+ WDUQ in foobar and VLC, I really cannot understand why some loopback cannot be made that would fool those players into thinking the AAC file was coming off the internet.
I don't understand why it's being left to Apple to provide an AAC+ player.
Amen to the sentiments about Menno & Ivan.

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #4
The problem is that .3GP files are a special container. It should be compatible (IIRC) if you just rename the file to .mp4. Renaming to .AAC will *not* work.

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #5
Hi,

The problem is that .3GP files are a special container. It should be compatible (IIRC) if you just rename the file to .mp4.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282925"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tested few days ago with fb2k (0.8.3).The PS and SBR parts weren't decoded...Just LC part.

Renaming to .AAC will *not* work.

Not working with fb2k but works like a charm with DirectShow players with CoreAAC or ffdshow Audio filter. The SBR is decoded properly...  I assume that the plugin for foobar isn't updated...

aacPlus v2 encoder

Reply #6
Not working with fb2k but works like a charm with DirectShow players with CoreAAC or ffdshow Audio filter. The SBR is decoded properly...  I assume that the plugin for foobar isn't updated...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282961"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They are probably skipping over junk (==the 3GP headers) that they can't decode. I posted an updated foobar2000 plugin that did the same a while ago (to listen to aacPlus radio stations).

But again, renaming 3gp files to aac files is not supposed to work correctly, not any more than inserting random junk into an aac file will work correctly.