Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dream MP3 player (Read 51091 times) previous topic - next topic

Dream MP3 player

Reply #25
Try to find a Lexar LDP-800... It's not in the stores yet, as far as I know...
Let  me know, when you've found it.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280166"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I like almost everything with Lexar. But it seems to have a cheap plastic build and simple navigation (no jog dial). I'd be happy to know about it if anyone gets to try it out.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #26
I was browsing for more models today and I decided to delay my purchase until Sony NW-E505 comes out. This is a dream player: 3-line OLED display, 55 hours of playback, FM Radio, 37 grams, high speed charging: 3 minutes charging = 3 hours playback time; FM tuner. But if it still forces you to use SonicStage crap then I'm going to pass.
I hope Sony learnt from its mistakes and you can load this player without SonicStage as is possible with newer models:
Sony is now supporting an MP3 File management utility. Go to Sony's site and go to support for the NW-E75. Find the MP3 File Manager Application and run it to automatically load to your player (make sure you unit is connected). Open 'My Computer' - open the ESYS directory and run the utility. You will be presented with instructions on how to use the utility to drag and drop MP3 files directly to your player. You will be able to load and play MP3 files in just a few minutes.

This is a tremendously simple utility that does direct MP3 transfers. You don't have to load SonicStage. If you do, the NW-E75 will load and play both file formats. Just put them in different groups.

Upcoming NW-E505:

Another cool player: M-Bird XT-22 but only available in Korea.
Edit: add image
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277473"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it looks nice...but it would be nice if it was 4gb

Dream MP3 player

Reply #27
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282383"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It cannot be unless it is hard drive based which is not what I'm interested in. I'd prefer a 1GB memory based to 10GB hard drive based any day for the following reasons:
  • No moving parts in the portable player for extreme portability + reliability.
  • I store all my music at home on 300GB drive and can't listen more than a few albums at once.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #28
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282383"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It cannot be unless it is hard drive based which is not what I'm interested in. I'd prefer a 1GB memory based to 10GB hard drive based any day for the following reasons:
  • No moving parts in the portable player for extreme portability + reliability.
  • I store all my music at home on 300GB drive and can't listen more than a few albums at once.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282529"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yeah true...1gb should fit a few hours even with good quality mp3. Only thing i think about is if i go on a trip or something and want a big collection with me.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #29
These large storage units whether flash or microdrive need some library search and playlist creation system.

Hard to beat the ipod mini for this....

Dream MP3 player

Reply #30
Another new model coming up: Panasonic SV-SD100V

It features AAC playback, OLED display, UKW Digital-Tuner, in-built microphone for voice recordings and it is a SD memory card player. It doesn't look as cool as the Sony NW-E507 but definitely a contender.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #31
you joking right? i think this looks amazing!!!

so questions

when will this be released?
will this be recognised as a removable drive when connected to the usb port without software?
is the battery easily replaceable?
how long does a single charge last?
how much does it cost?

Dream MP3 player

Reply #32
wibble 
no conscience > no custom

Dream MP3 player

Reply #33
Another new model coming up: Panasonic SV-SD100V

It features AAC playback, OLED display, UKW Digital-Tuner, in-built microphone for voice recordings and it is a SD memory card player. It doesn't look as cool as the Sony NW-E507 but definitely a contender.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283051"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

... and will it, by default, recognize the *.m4a extension? If I'm encoding music in iTunes for my wife's iPod, the convenience of a player which would recognize - and be able to play! - those same files, unmodified, would be my dream.

- M.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #34
when will this be released?
will this be recognised as a removable drive when connected to the usb port without software?
is the battery easily replaceable?
how long does a single charge last?
how much does it cost?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284452"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can find most of this info on google. As far as I read:
1) It'll be released in April.
2) Yes
3) No
4) 50 hours
5) No info
I like the model but it looks a bit ugly. It could have been designed better with a better control mechanism.
@ChiGung: M-Bird XT-22 is posted in this thread earlier.
@M: Yes, I think that's the whole point. It should support unencrypted m4a files.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #35
what a shame!

this could have been my perfect player!

the only thing i dont like about its look is the green display colour.  I would have thought electric blue is much nicer!

why do manufactureres keep doing that? even apple did it with the shuffle.  replaceable batteries are such an important thing because after a year or so you will not be getting 50 hours from this player!!!!

is the battery not replaceable at all?

its possible to replace the battery in the shuffle with some work
check this link
http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000700034044/

Dream MP3 player

Reply #36
the only thing i dont like about its look is the green display colour.

The little ~quavery music symbol is blue - so it might do blue

Dream MP3 player

Reply #37
Just to say that maybe you should stay tuned if the Rockbox team start trying another port of their firmware after the H1xx one actually in devlopment...

For exemple there is documentation for Xclef MT5xx (flash player):
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/XclefMT500

Dream MP3 player

Reply #38
Photoshopped!!!

dont you think it looks much better all blue?

Dream MP3 player

Reply #39
dont you think it looks much better all blue?

Yeah babe, the bluer the better 

Dream MP3 player

Reply #41
Having been down the DAP road myself IMHO you should not discount HDD players as a consideration.  Flash memory players while meeting the "no moving parts" requirement do have limitations in terms of storage space available.

What starts out as a ok amount of storage (512mb or 1gb) after a short amount of usage you will almost always wish you had more room.  No one likes to be forced to chose which music in your collection to "have" and what you "can't" do to lack of space.

You can never have too much storage space in my mind. 

rs
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. Jerry Garcia-Grateful Dead

Dream MP3 player

Reply #42
I think the display of Panasonic SV-SD100V is ugly in any color. Some small players with nice displays:
Muro MR-200:
o'zzio: ,
Samsung YP-F1 (the one on the left)
Also check out other pictures of SV-SD100V:
I think it's a bit too deep and does not have any joystick like control -> hard to access files.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #43
rickshaw - i dont like the idea of hdd based players because i think they have too much storage.  i understand your point but i will be using my player for only 1 - 2 hours max per day.  thats it.  so i feel that 40gb hdd players are overkill for me.

atici - call me a simplest but i really like the panasonics display because its clean and simple.  im not into all the colourful stuff

but you are right, the controls dont look to good!

Dream MP3 player

Reply #44
@JEN: I agree that there're simple and better looking displays like the Sony  It's a pity because everything about the Panasonic player is otherwise perfect apart from its looks and control system.

@rickshaw: I am with JEN here. 1GB storage is more than enough if you listen to a few albums at once like I do. I don't normally browse through many albums in a day. So memory based players have definite advantages like 50 hour battery life.

I've set my mind on the Sony NW-E507 for a while now but it's worthless if you have to use SonicStage. I am hoping that just as some of the newer models you can directly copy MP3 files onto the player using windows explorer. If I get to buy it in a few weeks I'll post a review.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #45
I look forward to your review

Dream MP3 player

Reply #46
There is a c|net first look movie clip for Sony NW-E5xx here. It looks quite funky there but I wish it were titanium build like NW-MS70D.

Naturally this player does not satisfy all the earlier mentioned requirements, but it seems like I have to make a compromise.

Dream MP3 player

Reply #47
Hello Atici,  

While browsing the web, I found this.  http://www.neodigits.com/body/product/1gmp3/feature.asp

It will be able to make the business until your dream achieves itself. 

Bye.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=277371"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is an iRiver copy! At least the look...

Dream MP3 player

Reply #48
Try to find a Lexar LDP-800... It's not in the stores yet, as far as I know...
Let  me know, when you've found it.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=280166"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's what I'm waiting for! Should be out soon, I hope! They were showing it at CES in January, I hear.

A 256MB unit will be $150 (street) and of course take SD cards. And SD cards are 1/4 the price from just 2 years ago.

-rayna

Dream MP3 player

Reply #49
What do the people of HA think of this player Safecom 1GB Mini MP3 Player[SMFD-1GB]

A little about this player below:
- Supports MP3 & WMA file formats
- Built-in 1GB memory
- Support song name and singer name display (ID3 Tag)
- 78 hours of high quality voice recording
- LCD display with blue colour back-light
- A-B segment repeat function, excellent for language learning
- Internal FM radio (Allow max 32 preset channels)
- Removable Disk Drive Support
- Plug & Play, no driver needed (except Windows 98)
- Allows 12 hr of continuous operation with a single 1.5V AAA battery
- Dimension: 85mm x 31mm x 19mm
- Weight: 35g (Without battery)
- Support OS: Windows 98/Me/2000/XP

And a picture