Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: nforce 2 issues (Read 2333 times) previous topic - next topic

nforce 2 issues

just resirected the old nforce 2 mobo (asus) to make a stop-gap media machine to use inplace of an xbox in the tv room here

Anyway, the drivers are totally different to the last lot that I used.

What I am finding is that even with it set to 2 speakers, the reciever connected to it is still indicating dolby digital. The old drivers had a tick box to turn it off and on, seems absent in this version (the mixer identifies itself as v1.0 (build 451) - audio driver 4.42 (6.14.0442.30)

Is there anyway to get PCM out of this now? I realize that im stuck with 48kHz, but I am sure that I have had it work before. Right now flacs played on the computer are vastly inferior to what I had from the xbox (also 48kHz only) and from a standalone cd player (44.1) - so Im pretty sure its not sample rate conversion messing it up, but the dolby digital encoding.

nforce 2 issues

Reply #1
Never mind, found here http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/nvmixer-hi...es-vt56155.html about enabling 2 hidden pages, and the option was on one of them.

Seems pretty bad that anyone with a simple D/A would be out of luck with the stock configuration.

And for the record, it still sounds bad so its something else. Think I will be sticking my el-cheapo cmedia in that does bit-accurate playback with the maudio drivers.