Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DIVX(MPEG4)DVD PLAYER HELP NEEDED PLEASE? (Read 5080 times) previous topic - next topic

DIVX(MPEG4)DVD PLAYER HELP NEEDED PLEASE?

Hi there,sorry to bug you all but i thought you maybe the best people to answer my question, with AVI,DIVX,XVID files etc.
What i need to know is as follows,i have just bought a portable region free DVD Movie player which allows you to play DVD and MPEG4 Movies(Divx).
My portable dvd/divx player specification is as follows:
The unit can support MPEG4 Home Theatre Video pPlatform(640x480 resolution),including 640x352,512x288,484x264,576x320 resolution too.
It can support 720x576,720x320 resolution too.
The video can support DIVX4.1.2,DIVX5.0.2,DIVX5.05 and DIVX5.1.
The audio can support MP3 CBR,AC3 and PCM.
The unit does not support DIVX3.11 and DIVX3.X.

I have some avi,xvid files that i want to convert if needed so that they are compatible.
Have you got any ideas on what software to use etc.
Sorry to be a pain but i am new to all of this.   
Many thanks for your help.

Reply #1
Hi buggy, I answered this question from your PM.  Basically, just so everyone knows.  What you can do is check that the files have the right resolution, audio compression, and video compression (ie not divx3.11) in gspot.  Then if all this checks out.  Use mpeg4modifier to check to make sure that qpel and gmc are not used.  That is all you can really do.  The files may not be encoded with a VBV so you pretty much have to just try them in your player and hope they work.  Use google to find gspot and mpeg4modifier .

Reply #2
Hi buggy, I answered this question from your PM.  Basically, just so everyone knows.  What you can do is check that the files have the right resolution, audio compression, and video compression (ie not divx3.11) in gspot.  Then if all this checks out.  Use mpeg4modifier to check to make sure that qpel and gmc are not used.  That is all you can really do.  The files may not be encoded with a VBV so you pretty much have to just try them in your player and hope they work.  Use google to find gspot and mpeg4modifier .
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=278007"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks pal,i will give it a go.
Cheers